Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

That game sums up the season for me

We give away a needless and sloppy goal, we then allow a poorer team to dictate play for the rest of the half.

When we play well, in the second half, we lack real penentration and don't take enough of the chances we do create.

The players try to make things work and, from where I'm sitting, seem to put in the effort, but there isn't the spark, the flair, that extra I don't know what that turns draws into wins.

The constant changes, some due to injuries, some not, mean there is little pattern although when we do start moving the ball around on the ground we look a good team and create.

Some of our better players have been out injured and it shows (Bougherra).

Some of our better players are capable of much, much more eg Gray - (glad for him that played well and scored albeit 3 months too late) and Thomas (another good chance at the end but doesn't even test their keeper.)

We can't score direct from free kicks or even force a save despite having numerous good positions.

On the play we deserved more than 1 point. On goals scored which is all that really matters we didn't deserve more than a point.

It's gone. Going away for a weeks break (as it is Easter holidays!) but will be back to watch the team at QPR. Hope to see Gibbs, Wagstaff, Shevley and Rashid involved then or against Coventry.

Will be back next season, paid for season ticket in hand : - ( hoping that the squad has been trimmed (how can it not be for playing and financial reasons) and that we have some consistancy and luck with injuries.

Live, love, laugh and be happy.

Comments

• Options
    That pretty much sums it up Henry but do you know what.......I am looking forward to next season already...Common you reds.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]That pretty much sums it up Henry but do you know what.......I am looking forward to next season already...Common you reds.

Me too, we are either mad or addickted.

Or both
  • Options
    its the hope that kills you.
  • Options
    You pretty much summed up how I felt after yesterdays game but hey - theres always next season. Shit though some of it has been this year I'm wed to Charlton - for better, for worse etc.

Despite what one or two have been saying around me in the East, this is not the worse team for years. It just hasn't fired enough.

Expectations have been understandably too high and so the disappointments have been felt more acutely.

Roll on next season.
  • Options
    I didn't think the game was that sh1te Henry