Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Kids

Pards has spoke of introducing three or four of our promising youngsters if he sits down and thinks the play-off chase is over...

so who would you like to see at Loftus Road next week?

Given that Arter and Solly are injured, Aswad Thomas suspended and the likes of Wright and Christensen are out on loan

So - Wagstaff, Uchechi, Monteiro, Yussuff?

also what about the fringe players - Moo2, Sam, Basey, Varney, D. Sinclair, the two keepers - where does this leave them?

and will we ever see Gibbs??!!

Comments

• Options
    uchechi can't play can he but make u right on giving others the chance.
    the ones with the shirt now can;t do it so why not
  • Options
    i think it's right to throw in a few youth and fringe as we need to know who can cut it and who can't

it will have a massive effect on our buying policy for next season

if we find out we have a couple of mustard young'uns that can cut it above Reserve level, like that stripey lot from down the road have, then we can put the funds elsewhere

it always makes you feel more proud when you have a few of your own in there week in week out, why i was so gutted to see Elliott left out yesterday
  • Options
    Wagstaff almost for certain, maybe Youseff, Shevley at a push
  • Options
    the thing is the kids have no bloody fear just give the good 'uns a go.

as you said the stripeys have done it to good effect
  • Options
    Spot on Ledge. It wasn't that long ago that people - some on here - were saying that the likes of Basey and Youga weren't good enough. Then what happens, they got their chances and proved that they are - although admittedly neither are still in the side at the moment.
  • Options
    Yeah only because Pardew thought experience was the way to go and that's just bollox. Think Thatcher has been no better than Youga or Basey he just has that fear factor over players.
  • Options
    sod the kids, bring back yassin and youga. i want to see gibbs again, and also monteiro to see what he's all about. basey played on the left wing for the reserves so stick him there, and bring sam back in on the right. and possibly dean sinclair as well as he'll probably go in the summer. it's a shame that racon and wright are out on loan, and arter is injured.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]Yeah only because Pardew thought experience was the way to go and that's just bollox. Think Thatcher has been no better than Youga or Basey he just has that fear factor over players.

to be fair arf Thatcher was excellant yesterday,the sad inditment is we are talking about a left back not a attacking midfielder or forward
  • Options
    if Pards decides that the play-offs are out of reach then 1st decision is simple, ditch ALL the loanees. Moo2 or Semedo at RB, Youga or Basey at LB. Play Grey and Varney up front, give 'em the three games and see if they can strike up a partnership, they will both hear next season after all. Give Waggy a game on the right. Bring in Shelvey alongside Holland. He's probably a tad too young but from what I've seen is better than either Arter or Wright anyway.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]i think it's right to throw in a few youth and fringe as we need to know who can cut it and who can't

it will have a massive effect on our buying policy for next season

if we find out we have a couple of mustard young'uns that can cut it above Reserve level, like that stripey lot from down the road have, then we can put the funds elsewhere
    i don't think there will be ANY funds for Pards to spend on new players next season. It's going to be free transfers & loans only. And that's AFTER dramatically reducing this season's over-sized squad. We have to realise that we are still in financial difficulties.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2008
    i'm not sure it will be that dramatic Red Pete... i think we will get some money from the thankful departure of Thomas, unfortunately it seems Varney could be a departure, unless all that is just hearsay and perhaps even Ambrose will be snapped up by a Premiership club as well

I envisage there being a couple of million made available

nevertheless, if we are to have a massive cull (with the likes of Fortune, Sankofa, Powell, maybe Thatcher, Todorov and the above as well off the playing staff) and little or nothing to spend on fees, it's even more important we know who's a Parker or a Rufus and who's not...

i'd forgotten about Shelvey, perhaps a bit young?

interestingly Ledge, why can't Uchechi play - is he injured as well?
  • Options
    Looking forward to seeing monteiro after his interview in last programme. Definite strong squad member next season by sounds of things.
  • Options
    we want gibbs.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]if Pards decides that the play-offs are out of reach then 1st decision is simple, ditch ALL the loanees. Moo2 or Semedo at RB, Youga or Basey at LB. Play Grey and Varney up front, give 'em the three games and see if they can strike up a partnership, they will both hear next season after all. Give Waggy a game on the right. Bring in Shelvey alongside Holland. He's probably a tad too young but from what I've seen is better than either Arter or Wright anyway.

Bar the Shelvey thing, i agree with Large.
  • Options
    I would drop Holland too, he is soft and has no creative edge.