Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peter Varney

edited April 2008 in General Charlton
Has anyone found out the reason for Reg's departure yet?

Is it for personal reasons or is there conflict from someone within the club?

Comments

• Options
    does it matter?
  • Options
    Probably thinks Pardew is a c**t
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]does it matter?

Just wondered why a bloke who has been at the club through thick and thin and has charlton running through his veins has decided to jack.
  • Options
    Probably tired mate.This last 2 years has not been fun.
  • Options
    Can't remember if this came from Reg or Henry, but Reg's father died the day before he was due to retire.

Reg has got young grand-kids and wants a break. He's worked bloody hard for the club and deserves a rest - he must be approaching 60 anyway.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    The guy needs a break after 10 years most people would leave there current job ive been at my current employers for 8 years and im thinking about a change must be mad as there is jack shyte jobs out there.
  • Options
    and also pardews a c**t
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Probably thinks Pardew is a c**t

yawn
  • Options
    tired? go to bed
  • Options
    Maybe a bit of a sing song to the fella last game
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hope so. He deserves it. We won't have anything else to sing about, anyway!
  • Options
    i heard that reg is now ataying on till the end of the yr and that the reason he is leavin is a combination of ill health and the fact he may not be a massive fan of Mr Pardew
  • Options
    I play football with a guy who works at the club and he reckons he's just had enough and feels it's time to pack it in. Apparantly he doesn't get a minutes peace and is always on the go.
  • Options
    lets hope they give him a guard of honour at the game against coventry as they did curbs, as if it wasn't for this man we wouldn't of got where we did.
  • Options
    Varney posts on here he is NorthStandSteve.................lol...........only joking mate
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Has anyone found out the reason for Reg's departure yet?

He said its for personal reasons, lets leave it like that, personal.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charlton_carl[/cite]i heard that reg is now ataying on till the end of the yr and that the reason he is leavin is a combination of ill health and the fact he may not be a massive fan of Mr Pardew

This sort of story will always come about- almost certainly a case of 2+2= 22
    [cite]Posted By: charlton_carl[/cite]lets hope they give him a guard of honour at the game against coventry as they did curbs, as if it wasn't for this man we wouldn't of got where we did.

Lovely idea, possibly not his style but a chance for the fans to publically thank him would be a great idea....
    [cite]Posted By: DA_9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Has anyone found out the reason for Reg's departure yet?

He said its for personal reasons, lets leave it like that, personal.

Exactly.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]and also pardews a c**t[/quote]

Thank you for another intelligent erudite contribution.
  • Options
    i would give varney a little song at coventry game,see he done a lot for charlton now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Maybe a bit of a sing song to the fella last game

Wouldn't hurt any of us to sing a few for a bloke who has been there through thick and thin would it..................i'll sing up!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know the reason but cant say
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Alan_Pardew[/cite]I know the reason but cant say

lol. Quality.
  • Options
    My personal view and not based on any inside knowledge is that he has been ground down by the very high level of work required and he needs a complete break.

In addition this season he has had the difficult task of sacking staff; many of whom were personal friends, and he has had to suffer dogs abuse from some so-called supporters who blame him for all the ills of the club/relegation etc. God knows that must be sole-destroying when you've worked your arse off to build the club into the successful premiership outfit it was, only to see it all collapse around you and find yourself being blamed for the failings of others. It all adds up for me to him feeling that enough is enough.

I very much doubt he has fallen out with anyone to the extent that it would be the overriding reason for leaving.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I reckon you're right bing. i think if it was due to a fall-out he'd have moved on quicker, not waited until the end of the season.
  • Options
    From what I heard it's much the same as Liverpool are going through. A good old fashioned power struggle.
    People seem to forget that the PLC board has changed. Nothing is forever.