Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Manager

Its now becoming apparent on the board that alot of fans are not happy, and clearly the fans are now rounding on Pardew, he has had alot of money to spend, and has proved to be tactically nieve as well as non motivator.

Who would you like to see as a new Charlton should he get the chop/walk in the summer, in which i can see happening or by October.

Comments

• Options
    I'd like to see Jose Mourinho but it wont happen.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I'd like to see Jose Mourinho but it wont happen.
    Well, considering we're not in the Prem, it wouldn't affect his pay-off with Chelsea - so what else is stopping him? ;o)
  • Options
    Give Pardew another season. Someother people should have a good look at themselves aswell.
  • Options
    I'd like to see a quiet, unassuming intelligent manager on the way up who looks upon Charlton as aspirations for his career not some big time charlie who thinks we are just a stepping stone to better and bigger things. Unfortunately I dont know any. Perhaps the guy at Swansea.
  • Options
    Not him my wife would want a season ticket then
  • Options
    Martinez would be a good shout, what is Costa doing now??
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]Charlton as aspirations for his career not some big time charlie who thinks we are just a stepping stone to better and bigger things.
    We are always going to be this, whether it is a manager, a player, a coach or even the staff behind the scenes.

We're not a "big" club and anyone who did not look to move to a bigger and better role would be stupid in my opinion.

And Martinez?! Based on a single promotion with Swansea? Give me a break. We'd lose a couple of games and be moaning that we appointed a manager with no experience of this league and hardly any management experience.
  • Options
    Sorry as much as the man frustrates me it's Gotta be Pardew for the whole of next season, anyone who just thinks changing the manager changes everything clearly wasn't paying much attention last season.
  • Options
    what is all this nonsense....keep Pardew and give him another year FFS.

If people spent half as much energy supporting him as they do slagging him things could be a little better...

Has he proved tactically niave as well as a non motivator at both Reading and West Ham???.....maybe the players should have a closer look at themselves !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Sorry as much as the man frustrates me it's Gotta be Pardew for the whole of next season, anyone who just thinks changing the manager changes everything clearly wasn't paying much attention last season.
    Exactly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]Charlton as aspirations for his career not some big time charlie who thinks we are just a stepping stone to better and bigger things.
    We are always going to be this, whether it is a manager, a player, a coach or even the staff behind the scenes.

We're not a "big" club.

I dont disagree but my point was at some stage of their career development curve we are a 'big club' and a move up not just an interim until something better comes along.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Sorry as much as the man frustrates me it's Gotta be Pardew for the whole of next season, anyone who just thinks changing the manager changes everything clearly wasn't paying much attention last season.

Post of the day...
  • Options
    what has been the difference between last season and this, Pardew is overated, and has clearly lost the changing room and evem more so the fans, they will be ready to pounce on him just as they did Dowie and Read, how can a man who had the fans eating out of his hands when he arrived, slag them off in his programme notes on more than one occassion have a spat with the CEO run a team of 37 players have a home record that is relegation form, drops players from the squad not the team the squad like a hot spud, and you want to give him more money and time,
  • Options
    I'm in the Pardew deserves more time camp BUT if he did go of his own volition, which in my view is distinctly possible, then I would go for somebody like Dave Jones. Worked wonders at Stockport to get them into the Championship (or whatever it was called back then), kept Southampton in the Prem, did a decent job at Wolves and has done well with Cardiff this season.

He is not a "Bertie Big-Bollocks" unlike the Mullery for the new Millenium presently at the helm.

It is probably still too soon for Curbs to come home.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Its now becoming apparent on the board that alot of fans are not happy

The ones who shout the loudest and constantly post?

No brainer, keep Pards
  • Options
    And what is this "spat with the CEO". Surely you can't be talking about the South Stand issue because that would be really petty.
  • Options

100%

(before anyone says anything - my post re. Mourinho had a winky smiley at the end!)
  • Options
    Pardew has been appauling from day one. so bad in fact that surely he cant be worse so give him a year to rectify it
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]And what is this "spat with the CEO". Surely you can't be talking about the South Stand issue because that would be really petty.[/quote] Exactly, so should these things be discussed at the opreate time with the relevenat peoaple rather than doing it in open forum, he seems to think that what he says goes, i want i want i want, Reg then comes out the following week anfd highlights the reasons why we cant move fans into the south stand, a waste of time and energy for VArney, rather than worrying about where fans are located Pardew should just keep his head down and do what he is paid to do, all he is doing in the meantime is winding his employees up and the fans by not getting the results, u have to earn the boards respect, they moved heaven and earth for Curbishley, and their wont be many clubs or manager s that do what they did for Curbs when he left on that last day. Take a leave out of his book, get the team playing and motivated, get promotion, get them established in the premiership and then ask to have the south stand

I was a great Pards fan and thought it was a massive signing when we got him, and he was the man to take us forward, but looking at his team selections, reading his comments, and watching the teams performances, Pardew thinks he is the Dogs B****** , but he has to prove it first, he has joint hte club on a past reputation, just like the players we signed eighteen months ago.
  • Options
    We need consistency now look at the top 8 in the championship apart from the scum I think all have managers in at least there second season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]It is probably still too soon for Curbs to come home.

we can but dream len we can but dream for the miracle years to return

i think pardew should be given one more full season to see what he does... i just wish we'd given the ugly one the same amount of time and his own backroom team but we didn't so i think pardew should have one more season cos he couldn't do worse next year, could he??
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    he's on his third transfer window and arguably has had plenty of time to build a side. He lost his bottle rather like he did last season, playing such a defensive line up at home against a lower side, when he should have been going for it..
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited April 2008
    Would you give Curbs another 5/6 years to get out of the league like his first time then?
  • Options
    he is basically not an intelligent man and tries to impose himself by vomiting shyte (perhaps a bit like me!)

his one tactic is motivation and using the crowd as he wants for that is an example.....the daft clappers last year were a case in point.

he should be looking at other areas such 200 or so vociferous fans to sit in the lower west to get at the linesman and the opponents manager........ oh god I am thinking like him too now
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    its an entirely different scenario from the curbsera if you think about it.
  • Options
    Whatever your views on Pards are if he is manager next year which I fully expect and hope he is we need to all get behind him and the team because for whatever reason the players just don’t seem to like playing at the Valley and if we are going to do anything we need to win the majority of our home games.
  • Options
    Exactly, one that we cannot compare because the industry as a whole and the club has changed so much.

Therefore maybe we should shut up about about the West Ham manager.
  • Options
    If he has lost the fans and the dressing room (I'm not sure on either), I think that may be quite difficult. Just think if he starts off next season in a similar vein, he won't last long I should imagine.
  • Options
    i dont think it is they dont like playing at the valley i think our tactics and the lack of ability in most of the team (eg no one can pass from the back when Fortune is out, no passer in midfield, no wingers that get to the bye line and daft forwards) means we cant break teams down at home
  • Options
    dont forget his most famous achievment as a player.........scoring the winning foal for Palace in the FA Cup semi final at Villa Park againest Liverpool, where is the mans heart