Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Strange Places where Charlton discussions have cropped up

edited April 2008 in General Charlton
Gatwick X Ray machine Kim Grants Half brother; Sandwhich shop in Pall mall, guy had worked in another sandwhich shop with Ritchie Bowman

Comments

• Options
    In the lift with Martin O'Neil and his minder when Celtic were staying at the glasgow hilton (i think) four hours before they played Barca in a champions league match a couple of years ago.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]In the lift with Martin O'Neil and his minder when Celtic were staying at the glasgow hilton (i think) four hours before they played Barca in a champions league match a couple of years ago.

what did he have to say about charlton?
  • Options
    Wedding in North London yesterday, guy at my table asked seriously that now Charlton are in the Championship, what Premiership team have i adopted !!!!
  • Options
    I was working up there had no idea that Celtic were staying there until I went into the hotel lobey Celtic players all over the show. I had my red CAFC Joma managers coat on got in the next lift with O'Neil and body guard he said 'i see your a charlton supporter hows things going' This was the time when the majority of us were getting bored with the Curbs style of play I mentioned this to him. 'He just replied dont get on Alans back.' I wished him good luck against Barca. Maybe he was right.
  • Options
    A guy with dreddies of about 30 outside the shops in north Avalon NSW, I had one of my Charlton shirts on..... Said hello mate, I used to watch Charlton play at Selhurst Park before my Dad moved out here to live. Still looks out for results but hasnt been back since he moved in the 90's. Also bumped into a QPR fan at Darling Harbour...we were both wearing the respective club shirts...had an interesting chat....he has been in Sydney since the 80's, never been back but still follows the club through thick and thin
  • Options
    A guy working in a chip shop in Coogee Bay, Sydney. He was a Gills fan who's Grandfather used to go to Charlton in the 40's.

Got searched going through the customs in Copenhagen years ago. He pullled my Charlton top out of the bag and said in a loud voice (a bit like the Swedish chef from the muppets) "Alan Simonsen!" Nice bloke but most of the conversation got lost in translation!
  • Options
    Late last year while playing Shootershill golf course, I shanked one into trees walked in to look for it and met Theo Foley looking for his ball, we a brief chat and carried and played our shots back onto the fairways (Honest, ask Luva Luva was there he`ll tell you) ;)
  • Options
    On holiday in Fishguard after the play off promotion. I bumped into a guy wearing an away Viglen shirt. We'd both had a few and agreed that 17th in the Prem would be a fantastic season!

How times change.
  • Options
    At an Elephant sanctury in India there was fellow Charlton supporter staying in the huts made from elephant dung

Cerulian tower hotel bar in Tokyo, very basic English with a Japanese barman when David Beckham & Micheal Owen were worldwide superstars...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T[/cite]At an Elephant sanctury in India there was fellow Charlton supporter staying in the huts made from elephant dung

Cerulian tower hotel bar in Tokyo, very basic English with a Japanese barman when David Beckham & Micheal Owen were worldwide superstars...

What a load of shit
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The accomodation was utter crap...

(was actually slimy when you stepped out the shower)
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Was attending my friends wedding on Mykonos in 1998 when I happened to notice a whole family wearing Charlton shirts walking around the town. It turned out they were at the wedding as well except they were on the bride's side of the family. Had a good old drink-up at the reception celebrating Charlton's 3-3 draw at Anfield.
  • Options
    in a lift in a Southampton hotel with Bryan Robson, Steve Bruce and Brian McClair. Thanked Brucie for the pen he gave away a couple of weeks before at Sellout in a 1-1 draw. He was none too pleased I brought that up !!
  • Options
    In Melbourne I saw a guy wearing a Charlton shirt and when I worked at Burger King I served a guy with a Charlton jacket, it turned out he was Stacy Long's dad!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend_Or_Defoe[/cite]In Melbourne I saw a guy wearing a Charlton shirt and when I worked at Burger King I served a guy with a Charlton jacket, it turned out he was Stacy Long's dad!
    Did you ask him why he gave his son a girl's name?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend_Or_Defoe[/cite]In Melbourne I saw a guy wearing a Charlton shirt and when I worked at Burger King I served a guy with a Charlton jacket, it turned out he was Stacy Long's dad!

On a similar theme the wrestler Big Daddy's real name was Shirley Crabtree.
  • Options
    Mate, he's a big lump.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]

On a similar theme the wrestler Big Daddy's real name was Shirley Crabtree.

and the "gansta" rapper icet's name is tracy marrow!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Wedding in North London yesterday, guy at my table asked seriously that now Charlton are in the Championship, what Premiership team have i adopted !!!!

Im seriously speechless..............
  • Options
    i nearly choked half my food across the table !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Butlins Bogner.Went with a load of mates yonks ago.Was watching vidiprinter on grandstand in my luxurios chalet.Charlton went 3-1 down to Norwich ,i think, with about 5 mins left to play.kicked the electric fire and stormed out.Stayed out on the pi55 all night.Was in some seedy cocktail bar when who should i bump into?..........Tony Barness,Who had played in the game earlier!!
    Had a bit of a drunken rant about the performance.He said he didn't think a point was too bad.Turns out we scored two at the death!
    "Tone",i says,"The pina collada's are on me"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]i nearly choked half my food across the table !

I am confused - so who is it then? Mine is Man U so I was really pleased with last nights result. I nearly picked Chelsea so it could have been very much different .........
  • Options
    The Charlton Babes forum.
  • Options
    In Topps Tiles in Edinburgh - I had a Charlton badge on my jacket, and the guy at the counter was one of the Dundee mob who used to turn up to watch us.
  • Options
    garrison savannah racecourse in Barbados my honeymoon 1996 bump into falconwood 1 on his honeymoon.Who tells me we have signed Brendan O'Connell,how to put a dampner on a good time.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite] bump into falconwood 1, how to put a dampner on a good time.

now that makes more sense!!
  • Options
    I was at a lunch with Desmond Tutu the other day and it came up in conversation that I was a Charlton fan.
    He asked when we were going back to the Valley.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]I was at a lunch with Desmond Tutu the other day and it came up in conversation that I was a Charlton fan.

Bollocks did he, he asked to sponsor Mortimers kit
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]I was at a lunch with Desmond Tutu the other day and it came up in conversation that I was a Charlton fan.

Bollocks did he, he asked to sponsor Mortimers kit

Rufus' more like!
  • Options
    I had a chat with a portsmouth fan at the foot of the largest waterfall in Victoria last month..... used to have in depth with this liverpool fan who worked at a sandwich shop just of oxfiord street.... met a charlton fan outside of work in Melbourne a few months back....

and the best one was say a bloke in a charlton shirt on the gold coast in surfers paradise..... which is an unlikely place to see a charlton fan.... I gave him a "come on you addicks" as I walked past....