Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Saturday and booing...

edited April 2008 in General Charlton
....OK my stance on booing is this, when we have had an inept performance combined with no heart and not trying then I will boo, however at the end of saturdays match, after all the players had given their all for the club there was still some boos at the final whistle. I dont understand this reaction at all, we should have won, we lost two points because of a goalkeeping error, but apart from one other shot it was all us, another day we would have netted 4.
I just dont get it!!

Also, for what its worth give Pardew another year and see what happens.

Comments

• Options
    dont worry about it mate,its only booing hardly gonna make them lose any sleep,and sorry but drawing at home to a team staring at relegation is not good enough,see what happens? no thanks.
  • Options
    i thought booing mark aizlewood years ago inspired him into a much better player
    in his early appearances for us he was shocking but once the boo boys got on his case he answered them back emphatically with some brilliant performances and became a much better player for it
    so booooing sometimes works although he was welsh so probably the exception to the rule;-)
  • Options
    true oohaah.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]i thought booing mark aizlewood years ago inspired him into a much better player
    in his early appearances for us he was shocking but once the boo boys got on his case he answered them back emphatically...[/quote]

Or more likely that he settled in and found the right position which for him was a defensive midfielder. I don't seem to remember him playing there when he first joined the club.
  • Options
    quoting from colin camerons valiant 500 on Mark Aizlewood
    "initially a full back at charlton- and not popular with the fans in that position- Mark switched roles and developed into one of the club's finest acquisitions since the war. Equally valuable as a central defender or in midfield, Mark was an inspirational skipper, particularly during the promotion season of 1985/86... he was voted supporters player of the year in 1985 and 1986"
  • Options
    I think that the plastics had it confirmed on Saturday that there will be no free season ticket next year.
    It was more 'boo hoo' than 'boo grrrr'.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]i thought booing mark aizlewood years ago inspired him into a much better player
    in his early appearances for us he was shocking but once the boo boys got on his case he answered them back emphatically...

Or more likely that he settled in and found the right position which for him was a defensive midfielder. I don't seem to remember him playing there when he first joined the club.

Bang on, Black Forest ......Aizlewood was in the beginning a scared looking fullback, positionally weak and frequently vulnerable.

When Lenny the Legend moved him into midfield, he was a player transformed and soon earned the respect of everybody - and the Skipper's armband.

It was playing Aizlewood in his best position that transformed him - certainly, the booing previously never seemed to help his confidence or performance.
  • Options
    So, northstandsteve and nolly, what argument in favour of booing are you going to come up with next?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]So, northstandsteve and nolly, what argument in favour of booing are you going to come up with next?

I sit in front of NSS, believe me, he is not one who would boo during a game.

I've generally found that most of the booing comes from those who sit in silence for the majority of the game, other than to shout Fish a couple of times a game.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]So, northstandsteve and nolly, what argument in favour of booing are you going to come up with next?

I sit in front of NSS, believe me, he is not one who would boo during a game.

I've generally found that most of the booing comes from those who sit in silence for the majority of the game, other than to shout Fish a couple of times a game.

Fair enough. Apologies to nss.

Why on earth do people shout 'Fish?' He went ages ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    stop sniping at people jimmy,and stop bringing me up all the time,i dont boo full stop.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]stop sniping at people jimmy,and stop bringing me up all the time,i dont boo full stop.
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]dont worry about it mate,its only booing hardly gonna make them lose any sleep,and sorry but drawing at home to a team staring at relegation is not good enough,see what happens? no thanks.

OK. Sorry about that. But you do try and justify booing nevertheless.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]Why on earth do people shout 'Fish?' He went ages ago.

Jimmy, I know you don't get to many games. The cry of "Feesh" rings out when a Goldfish comes up on the big screen. It is a bit of a laugh, (although a joke can wear thin), in fact there have been occasions this season when it's been the best thing going on at the game!!
  • Options
    i think its time for bream team fish to go personally,regarding booing jimmy far to panto for me,though widow twanky might do better in midfield than semedo!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]Why on earth do people shout 'Fish?' He went ages ago.

Jimmy, I know you don't get to many games. The cry of "Feesh" rings out when a Goldfish comes up on the big screen. It is a bit of a laugh, (although a joke can wear thin), in fact there have been occasions this season when it's been the best thing going on at the game!!

Perhaps we should put up pictures of (or pictures representing) our current players. Then maybe people will shout their names.

How about a picture of someone weaving something?
    Or someone on the roof of an old house?
    Or a picture of the sky in winter?
    Or a blue tank engine?
    Or a map of Europe highlighting a province of The Netherlands?
  • Options
    what province though?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]what province though?

Are you serious?
  • Options
    yes,i love holland,a tad germanic for my liking but love all the same.
  • Options
    Most of the booing comes from a group towards the back of J block in the Covered End, loads of angry looking people who want to spend the day taking their frustrations out on anyone, especially those in red
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]what province though?

In fact, it would have to be two provinces as there are in fact two: North Holland and South Holland.

Another idea would be a picture of someone putting the third stroke on a par three on a golf course next to a picture of water on a lawn in the early morning.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The "bloke behind me" goes into a total depression if we concede a goal, whether it be a mistake or otherwise and then boo's at the end either half, depending on if we are losing/have lost.

I only ever boo the referee.
  • Options
    and we all shout parrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Options
    theres 11 or twelve provinces in holland jim .
  • Options
    Jimmy's getting all cryptic on us. Let's just thank our lucky stars that Big Danny doesn't play for us anymore!
  • Options
    I think that people have become so used to this panto booing that at the final whistle they stand up and just cant help themselves - it just comes automatically from their gob .. and there were boos coming from the top of block l rothko as well.

nob heads.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Most of the booing comes from a group towards the back of J block in the Covered End, loads of angry looking people who want to spend the day taking their frustrations out on anyone, especially those in red

J Block are the worst offenders by far, call themselves Ultras pah !
  • Options
    we dont boo in m block !!
  • Options
    What I never understand is why people say they boo the Boo-ers?

Surely, it justs adds to the crescendo of booing & negativity - and how can you differentiate, anyway?