Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Arrogance or Confidence?

edited April 2008 in General Charlton
Surely it's subjective.
I like Pardew and see him as a confident man.

Comments

• Options
    i dont like him and see him as a tosser ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]i dont like him and see him as a tosser ;-)

Please do not sit on the fence on this thread!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]Surely it's subjective.
    I like Pardew and see him as a confident man.

Excellent post. 'Arrogance' is one of the hardest things to define. So hard in fact that I see it almost as a word without meaning. What makes me laugh are idiots who go on about the Germans being 'arrogant' and then sing 'Rule Brittania.' That song is the closest definition of arrogance I can find.
  • Options
    you know me mate ;-)
  • Options
    I honestly don't care what he is. Or what he says. Or what he does.

Its whether he is a good manager or not that matters to me.

Can he sign the players we need ? Can him and his staff improve players while here ? Can he pick the right personnel and the right formations for matches ? Do the players respect him and want to play for him ?

Those are the only things that matter to me as a supporter.

16 months after his arrival, i'm not reassured he has answered those questions with a resounding yes. If you asked him, i doubt he would either.

All managers make mistakes, there can be no denying about that. Too much faith in one player with potential who fails to deliver, not seeing the potential in another, panic signing someone who is available but others are after etc.

The good managers are the ones that learn from those mistakes, and rectify them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]Surely it's subjective.
    I like nolly and see him as a confident man.
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]i dont like him and see him as a tosser ;-)

I don't think I would go as far as either of those two extremes personally.
  • Options
    funny man.
  • Options
    boom boom!
  • Options
    legend.
  • Options
    The bloke on his right is acting him off the screen though. As is the bloke to his left.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd have to say he's shown quite a bit of arrogance this season.His team selection and some of his tactics show signs of a man who feels he just has to turn up to get 3 points.

Also,results breed 'confidence',and we havn't had many.
  • Options
    He is not confident, he would not keep changing the team and tactics if he knew what he was doing.

He is arrogant, he thinks his changes will make a difference.
  • Options
    Id be extremely worried if he didnt think his changes would make a difference.
  • Options
    Well, judging from what Pardew has said himself recently, he's clearly not happy with the way the season's unfolded - and clearly not happy, amongst other things, with his own decision making.

My definition of arrogance in this context, would be if Pards considered everything to be just fine and if not, everybody's fault except his own.

I would think Pards shall put this season down to experience and trust himself not to make the same mistakes in future.
    Looking at the quality of many individual players in the squad, I would say he is more or less on the right track.

He'll know it's not so much ability that we lack, but a couple of dominant character players to bring the team together as a unit. If he can bring that type of player to the club in the summer, there is no reason why Pards can't lead Charlton to a successful season.
  • Options
    I think this season may have taken him down a peg or two & he will have learnt something that he will take forward to next season & hopefully address.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]My definition of arrogance in this context, would be if Pards considered everything to be just fine

a bit like when we were 5th in the table for ages and playing crap but still managing to hold onto 5th and saying but we're still 5th when we all knew things weren't looking too clever...
  • Options
    well we did oohaah
  • Options
    I think he is arrogant but i see that as a positive much like cantona was arrogant but he was also destined for greatness if you dont believe or have arrogance yu will be mundane i also found curbs arrogant just not as arrogant as pards
  • Options
    leave that morphine alone you mug,Pards destined for greatness my ribs are killing me im laughing so much.
  • Options
    thought that would tickle you bud

destined for the charlton dustbin i think more likely but heres hoping