Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

grub from the past

2»

Comments

• Options
    They bought land from Sidcup golf club on the condition that they built the golf club a new club house and therefore using the land to build the new sports centre. dunno lamorby park....

just used to know 'the pavillion' where i spent many a saturday night (third saturday of every month every young teenager in the early 90's headed there for fizzy pop and penny sweets and Snap's "i've got the power"!

the only other park area apart from the school playing fields is The Glade.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Has Lamorbey Park been built over?

I used to play cricket against them years ago and the ground was round the back of The Hollies somewhere in what I assumed was Lamorbey Park.

I think Lamorbey Park CC play on the cricket pitch ext to Rose Bruford (sp?) college, a ground owned by Chis N Sid. Not far from the Hollies, but they may have moved around a bit over the years.

Sidcup Golf Club's clubhouse is now the new Lamorbey sports centre and the clubhouse has moved onto old Hurstmere land, just the other side of the Glade pond/lake.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Has Lamorbey Park been built over?

I used to play cricket against them years ago and the ground was round the back of The Hollies somewhere in what I assumed was Lamorbey Park.

I think Lamorbey Park CC play on the cricket pitch ext to Rose Bruford (sp?) college, a ground owned by Chis N Sid. Not far from the Hollies, but they may have moved around a bit over the years.

Sidcup Golf Club's clubhouse is now the new Lamorbey sports centre and the clubhouse has moved onto old Hurstmere land, just the other side of the Glade pond/lake.

That sounds pretty feasible. I took one of my daughters to look round Rose Bruford when she was choosing her Uni and it looked vaguely familiar. I only played there once or twice and that was way back in the seventies.

I was lucky enough to get a few wickets against them. Dodgy track though if i'm honest!
  • Options
    We used the Hollies simming pool when I was at Primary School, it was horrible!