Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So, what if this happens.....then what....

If this happens on Saturday - Palace lose at Watford 2-0. We win 2-0 at QPR. Ipswich and Wolves draw.

6 Crystal Palace P44 65pts GD+8
7 Ipswich P44 65pts GD+8
8 Charlton P44 64pts GD+8
9 Wolverhampton P43 63 GD+1

Then who will get 6th place?

Comments

• Options
    Then we'll all be on our way to Barnsley!
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited April 2008
    To be fair, it is not inconceivable.

That bloody hope thing just won't leave us alone will it?!
  • Options
    After Saturday, i had resigned myself that our season was over. Judging by the amount of inane non-football related posts on here, it seems like so did everybody else.

So please tell me why, as a reasonably intelligent and realistic guy, i'm starting to find myself drawn back into the 'if' scenario ????
  • Options
    Because, if it all goes like that saturday, we then need cardiff to draw with wolves, hull to beat palace, hull to beat ipswich and two wins and we are there.
  • Options
    I think AFKA, like me, that you are suffering from delusion. I have to admit I always expect Charlton to lose - some defence mechanism no doubt so that anything else was a bonus. I can reveal that Len Glover on that other website used to predict a Charlton defeat every game (mind you, not a bad judge last season). Many others always predicted a win.

But, I have to confess that I can see the above results happening on Saturday. Why? I can't explain. Of course, the 'bad day at the office' will follow at Barnsley or when the mighty Sky Blues come to town. Now, that's not delusional.

We will see.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]After Saturday, i had resigned myself that our season was over. Judging by the amount of inane non-football related posts on here, it seems like so did everybody else.

So please tell me why, as a reasonably intelligent and realistic guy, i'm starting to find myself drawn back into the 'if' scenario ????

dont take this personally smudge COZ YOUR A MUG
  • Options
    it COULD happen but only if we win at QPR and that's a big IF ... where there's a will there's a way .... e-i-e-i-e-i-o
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]it COULD happen but only if we win at QPR and that's a big IF ... I'll be there at Loftus Road anyway .... e-i-e-i-e-i-o

Someone's definitely got his password
  • Options
    pissed is the word
  • Options
    lol shag ,one last vets game this season, can't make QPR, for me and i'm going to every fixture for the remainder of the season.... all 5 of them!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    you are worrying me go to the doctors.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    sorry NSS i'm just trying not to think of the consequences of palace reaching the play offs and the unthinkable happening, so i've decided to hit the bottle and narcotics to get me thru this and the side affects are delusional thoughts of charlton success!!
  • Options
    Oh pack it in you lot!

I'd given up and booked the weekend away that I'd promised my missus for the Mayday bank holiday weekend - now you're making me wonder whether I'm going to have to come back early fore the Cov game!
  • Options
    The optimist in me says we could still do it. The realist says we're rubbish and need too many other teams to slip up.
    The optimist in me says the other teams play each other, so 3 wins could do it. The pessimist says we'll probably win away to QPR and Barnsley then lose at home to Coventry!!
  • Options
    It's the hope that kills you...and you lot are showing major suicidal tendencies!
  • Options
    Let's just go and play QPR - and have a good day out.

If results do happen to go in our favour, we can get the prayer mats out then........

PS: Who d'you think we'll beat at Wembley, then - Bristol City?

;o)
  • Options
    Besides Charlton, of course, I quite like to see Bristol City go up - especially if they can achieve it with a negative goal difference.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]After Saturday, i had resigned myself that our season was over. Judging by the amount of inane non-football related posts on here, it seems like so did everybody else.

It's a consequence of the inane non-football posts.

HTH...
  • Options
    When people start saying ' mathmatically possible ' ,you know it's over.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Then we'll all be on our way to Barnsley!

Already got me barnsley ticket
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: thai malaysia addick[/cite]I think AFKA, like me, that you are suffering from delusion. I have to admit I always expect Charlton to lose - some defence mechanism no doubt so that anything else was a bonus. I can reveal that Len Glover on that other website used to predict a Charlton defeat every game (mind you, not a bad judge last season). Many others always predicted a win.

But, I have to confess that I can see the above results happening on Saturday. Why? I can't explain. Of course, the 'bad day at the office' will follow at Barnsley or when the mighty Sky Blues come to town. Now, that's not delusional.

We will see.

Like you say a defence mechanism from my early days in the sixties. Expect the worse and anything else is a bonus!

Despite our relative success since returning to The Valley I still read league tables from the bottom up!

Anyone else do that
  • Options
    Len, I can assume you read them from the bottom up because you go back far enough to the times when you always found Charlton more quickly that way.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: thai malaysia addick[/cite]Len, I can assume you read them from the bottom up because you go back far enough to the times when you always found Charlton more quickly that way.

Correct!!