Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Exciting Championship or

edited April 2008 in General Charlton
just full of inconsistent teams.

Was interested to hear Phil Brown of Hull say that WBA being top now means the top of the table has now changed hands 17 times this season.

17 bloody times that is unveleiveable it's like once every 2 weeks virtually.
Look at the other divisions , Swansea been top for most of the season, mk dons and peterborough , even in the conference Aldershot been up there all season.

Our division the only one that has been like it.

Don't think we'll see another season like this again.

Comments

• Options
    inconsistent,woz going to say shite but that would be a dis-service to teams like Hull and Bristol City .
  • Options
    Its an exciting Championship, we're just not that excited because our club isn't involved as it should be.

Look at the stats with just three games to go:

5 clubs can still win the title
    10 clubs can realistically be in the play offs
    9 clubs can still be relegated
    The gap between a relegation place, and a play off place is just 17 points.
  • Options
    I do not believe it is a poor league at all, just many teams on a par with each other which at the end of the day has made it an exciting chase for most teams. Shame that great Premier League that everyone raves about isn't as half as competitive but as ever same four at the top AGAIN ! Yawn
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite] Shame that great Premier League that everyone raves about isn't as half as competitive but as ever same four at the top AGAIN ! Yawn

Can't argue with that mate. Obviously we all want to go up but I am not unhappy in the slightest think the PL is a pile of cack.
  • Options
    The Ryman Premier has been similar to the Championship.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    i want watford and wba to go up cos i think they're the 2 best teams
    anyone else who goes up will deffo come back down
    it's a poor poor standard very close and exciting if you're involved
    i know given the choice between a prem game and a championship game i'll be looking at the prem game due to the quality of the game i'll be watching
  • Options
    I didnt realise Hull were so close to the Premiership until after last night.

Hull? Hull City?!

Dean Windass gets another chance in the Premiership. Blimey.

Hull City!
  • Options
    same here WSS haven't really looked at the table that closely as we fell from grace just look at 6th spot, us and palace..
    i can't believe hull city are right up there unbelievable and they're gonna finish above us, how does that work ffs!!
  • Options
    interesting to hear that 7 years ago hull were playing non league football
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChiAddick[/cite]interesting to hear that 7 years ago hull were playing non league football

i don't think they were mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sorry you are right, they where at the bottom of division 3 now league 2.
  • Options
    Whoever goes up will most likely have less points than Derby did when they finished 3rd.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ChiAddick[/cite]interesting to hear that 7 years ago hull were playing non league football[/quote]

I would not go repeating that one around Hull, they'll rip your bloody head off.

I only went to their old place once for that crazy 2-2 draw in the early 90's - they were a bunch of lunatics even then when there was only about 4,000 there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]

I only went to their old place once for that crazy 2-2 draw in the early 90's - they were a bunch of lunatics even then when there was only about 4,000 there.

wasn't that the mid eighties when flash equalised late on, i'm sure i was at a 2-2 up there, our promotion year
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite

was that the match that was still 0-0 after about 88 mins? paul gorman scored?
  • Options
    where's home and away when we need him!!
  • Options
    I was at uni up there, not as grim as people make out, and quite friendly, but more importantly for students cheap as chips. Their old ground was a bit of a tip though.

Good for them I hope they make it.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite
    I only went to their old place once for that crazy 2-2 draw in the early 90's - they were a bunch of lunatics even then when there was only about 4,000 there.[/cite]
    [cite]

was that the match that was still 0-0 after about 88 mins? paul gorman scored?[/cite]
    Bank holiday monday, i think we were in the blue and black kit, ermeber fitting them off in the car park outside, lunatics,had the flu, long journey back,frezzing cold, and kicking off all over the place..........now that was football
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]

wasn't that the mid eighties when flash equalised late on, i'm sure i was at a 2-2 up there, our promotion year

I was at the 2-2. I lived in Beverley for three years, never went to watch 'em, then when Lived in Birmiongham went up for that game
  • Options
    It's been a very exciting league this season and as AFKA says it's a total bummer that we are missing out on most of that excitement by not quite putting together enough of a run to have a real pop at the paly-offs.

Just three more points would put us right on Palarse's heels and we'd have 3 fantastic last games of the season to look forward to and hopefully at least 2 more matches after that.

WBA fans have a good season mind - an FA Cup semi at Wembley and if they don't f8ck it up the title to boot!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leicester, for example, could be relegated with the best defensive record in the league.
  • Options
    Agree with AFKA. I've made the point more than once this season that it's what football - any sport in fact - is really about, that on any day anyone can beat anyone else.

The Premier League is a false environment IMO.
  • Options
    Hughesie could be back in the Premier League next season then!