Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Cheating?

Just thinking about Jerome Thomas and how good he is at winning free kicks...what other players or incidents can you remember where Charlton hoodwinked the officials?

(I know it's not really like us and we're usually the virtuous or 'hard-done-by' ones, but there must be a few examples!)

Comments

• Options
    Steve Brown.... v Leicester. gotta be the top answer! although he didn't quite manage to convince the ref, he did a pretty good job of keeping up the pretence!

Talel El Karkouri had a habit of faking injuries and doing 8 forward rolls across the pitch a few times last season
  • Options
    The honest pro Matty Holland against Arsenal a few years back (won a penalty that Di Canio converted)...he was never touched!
  • Options
    El was a nightmare for that
  • Options
    Mark Bright getting in the way of Lionel Perez to allow Rufus to score!
  • Options
    Not an example of "getting away with it" but Mark Aizelwood got booked at Watford for calling for a Watford player (who had his back to him) to leave it when the ball came towards him.
  • Options
    I remember Di Canio throwing a great dive at Leicester
  • Options
    darren bent in the box got a penalty. can't remember the game, and he never appealed, but looked rather guilty
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]darren bent in the box got a penalty. can't remember the game, and he never appealed, but looked rather guilty
    He did it against Liverpool at home, not sure if thats the one you mean? Never a penalty but he got up and scored it.
  • Options
    Paddy Powell. Every game.
  • Options
    Lisbie at Stamford bridge on Jorge Costa's debut - didn't cheat but caught his own heels near the corner flag on 90 mins. We got a free kick which resulted in Lisbie heading in the winner.

Sweet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Peter Hunt scored a goal against Oldham that didnt go between posts ref gave it so its a real goal but didnt go in.
  • Options
    Bartlett against Spurs a few seasons ago. He made a goal line save trying to make out it came of his head. Classic!!
  • Options
    Jorge Costa - the master!
  • Options
    McCleod winning the 2nd of his two Penalties this season at home v Norwich he was miles outside the box Ref gives us a 2nd pen in two minutes & Reidy strokes it home marvellous.
  • Options
    I recall Matt Tees stumbling in the box and getting a penalty when there was no one within 5 yards (well, that's how I remember it). It caused the crowd to laugh rather than cheer.
  • Options
    I remember Gordon Watson selling a dive a few years ago, can't remember the game.
  • Options
    Considering his size/build, Hreidarsson was a tremendous diver. One particular 'fall' against Everton at The Valley really stands out (Euell scored two pens that night in a 2-2 draw).
  • Options
    A certain Martin Pringle took some absolute belting dives and occasionally he just fell over!!!
  • Options
    Jim Melrose was usually guilty of falling over as though he'd been shot.
  • Options
    Mark Kinsella got away with it at just about every corner he ever took. I can't remember him ever placing the ball within the area.