Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew happy for Cook to stay

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/topsport/display.var.2205716.0.pardew_happy_for_cook_to_stay.php

Comments

• Options
    "we need to improve and i dont intend to stand still" . Is he preparing an excuse to go ? Think he needs to take a very good look at what he has done this season. It hasnt been a good season for him and if the board decide to give hime more than £3mil id be gob smacked.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited April 2008
    I'm as guilty of this as the next person but i think we read too much into Pards' soundbites now and again, i think we should just take it to mean that he wants to push the club on from this season (regardless of funds etc).

Then again, so he bloody should.

But this:

"We played a reserve game this week and in all honesty Lloyd Sam didn't feature very well, so I think it is highly unlikely," added Pardew.

I thought Sam scored?!
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I like the bit about budgets

"He explained: "There is a board meeting next week to clarify what those budgets are and this will be quite important for us regardless of what division we are in."

Hmm, erm I think the budget will be slightly different if we get promoted Al, unlikely as it is. Or perhaps we are seriously considering setting a Prem budget just in case?

And this bit

"We played a reserve game this week and in all honesty Lloyd Sam didn't feature very well, so I think it is highly unlikely," added Pardew.

Didn't feature very well - English please....? (he was shite? he was unwell? he didn't play long?)
  • Options
    becoming a weekly sport on here to spin Pards comments. People are reading what they choose into them regardless of what is said.
  • Options
    ITS MORE fun that way.
  • Options
    true, fun though. And you never know if he's been misquoted or not. Does seem to spout/spin a bit more than his predecessors.
  • Options
    "we need to improve and i dont intend to stand still"

What would people prefer him to say, ''we don't need to improve in any areas what we've done this season is good enough?'', because we all know thats not true, the team does need to improve. I think some just read what they want to read!
  • Options
    Pardew is set to attend a meeting with the club's board next week to discover how much money is in the transfer pot this summer to help the Addicks earn promotion.

He explained: "There is a board meeting next week to clarify what those budgets are and this will be quite important for us regardless of what division we are in.

"It is also important we carry on building from dismantling what was a Premiership outfit at the end of last year.

"I think it is only a board meeting about securing the budgets, but it is a key decision because it will be what the budget is for me to make this team better."

Only a board meeting about securing budgets, Alan.
    Good job Weegie or NS Steve are not fans Director....... ;o)
  • Options
    Oh, and suprise, surprise, Jerome Thomas is again 'hamstrung'........

Which is no doubt 'Pards speak' for JT is p!ssed off being on the bench while Cookie's in the team, and has told Pards where he can stick his Charlton team?
  • Options
    who in their right mind would want the job??? (of fans director)

Listening to fans moaning all day about Pards' spin... etc

:)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I nominate ..... Weegie!

Sorry, H :o)
  • Options
    'Dismantling a Premier League Outfit' So does that mean
    OUT :- Thomas, Holland, Thatcher, Fortune ? No great Losses there sorry. Good servants for the most part but no great losses.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I nominate ..... Weegie!

Sorry, H :o)

Now you're talking, Oggy! As long as they pay my expenses to fly down for the meetings...not sure Mr Pardew would be quite so keen on the idea, mind you!
  • Options
    You could ask for Board meetings to be only on Saturdays.
    Could be a cosy arrangement...... ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]'Dismantling a Premier League Outfit' So does that mean
    OUT :- Thomas, Holland, Thatcher, Fortune ? No great Losses there sorry. Good servants for the most part but no great losses.

Might mean Bent M, Faye.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]You could ask for Board meetings to be only on Saturdays.
    Could be a cosy arrangement...... ;o)

Yeah, I'm sure they could reorganise the whole running of the club around my availability. I might even renew my season ticket if I knew I was guaranteed of being at The Valley on a few more Saturdays. Not so sure about a cosy arrangement though - hope you don't mean with Pards ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]'Dismantling a Premier League Outfit' So does that mean

Losing Holland would be a great loss. I know he's getting on a bit, but he's without a shred of doubt our most consistent player.