Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shelvey and Wagstaff in squad....

Comments

• Options
    Yep, good that, get Jonjo in the middle putting it about. We win, Palace lose, Wolves and Ipswich draw game on, revved................it is the hope that kills you.
  • Options
    about bloody time. As I said before the ones with the shirt haven't done so why not give them a chance
  • Options
    'They've got their feet on the ground' - always a benefit for a footballer
  • Options
    assuming they both get a game before the end of the season that'll be 48 players used and about 30 debutantes. Amazing.
  • Options
    Good luck to the guys.
  • Options
    I imagine Wagstaff will be on the bench, and Shelvey will be there more for the experience, but I might be wrong.

Good to see the youth involved, as theres every chance they could do what the more experienced players haven't, and we all love "one of our own"!

Good luck to them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: trickyrickycafc[/cite]I imagine Wagstaff will be on the bench, and Shelvey will be there more for the experience, but I might be wrong.

I tihnk you've called it right Ricky.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]Yep, good that, get Jonjo in the middle putting it about. We win, Palace lose, Wolves and Ipswich draw game on, revved................it is the hope that kills you.[/quote]

glanced at the table and fixtures yesterday and thought exactly the same - then told myself to get a grip, while checking out trains to Barnsley!!
  • Options
    at least one should start, we need to give these home-grown boys a chance

where would the likes of Lee, Bowyer, Parker, Konch, Rufus etc. been without that opportunity?
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    jonjo's been told there's a slight chance he get's on the bench but if he is on the bench he'll get on.
    pardew told him he's under a lot of pressure at the moment so it might not be this week!!
    he's gonna be involved in the first team for the pre season friendlies and training
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wouldn't put both of them on the bench - too much of a risk if we get a couple of injuries, but going along with the first team squad should be good experience and it's great to see the next generation of home grown players coming through.
  • Options
    Its a little reminder, and an incentive, for them to consider their careers seriously during the next few months, and to come back for pre-season and the right attitude to push.

A carrot is basically being dangled.
  • Options
    I wouldnt be surprised to see wagstaff make his debut, if not tomorrow, this season. As for Shelvey, keeping him in the fold is a very smart move.
  • Options
    I take it from Shelvey's involvement, they are trying to do everything they can to avoid another Defoe situation.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I take it from Shelvey's involvement, they are trying to do everything they can to avoid another Defoe situation.[/quote]

And perhaps a warning to one or two members of the first team squad that they aren't indispensable.

A shame that Racon is on-loan, these last few games would be ideal to give him an extended run in the first team and see what he's made of.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I take it from Shelvey's involvement, they are trying to do everything they can to avoid another Defoe situation.

I think you are spot on
  • Options
    shelveys already signed some pre contract contract thingy
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]shelveys already signed some pre contract contract thingy

So did Jon Obi Mikel to sign for United if I remember right, a few million quid can make those things disappear!
  • Options
    are we selling him?
  • Options
    I hope not, I think we're trying to avoid someone poaching him.