Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

latest blog article from yours truly

http://www.charltonlife.com/blog/?p=185

This will please DJ Davey Dave I'm sure

Comments

• Options
    Nice one Henry. Makes you realise the strides that have been made with regard to racism and how little has been made in respect of homosexuality within football. It will happen though no doubt. Hope so anyway.
  • Options
    At the Palace game in the East stand. Bloke near where I was with his kid screaming at Ambrose whenever he had the ball "GO ON GAY BOY", "COME ON YOU F***ING POOF", "AMBROSE YOU FUDGEPACKER" etc etc etc.

And Called ZZ Ting Tong *EVERY* single time he touched the ball!!

Excruciating it was for everyone around him.

And regardless of anything else, that's a match where we played well!!!!!

Yet another example of our marvellous home 'support'...
  • Options
    Statistically, there must be a good number of gay players playing the game. I'm quite sure that the reason why they haven't come out is partly down to peer pressure among their colleagues, but also the reception they'd get from fans, especially opposing fans.

Thinking back to the 70s when the first black footballers used to get bananas thrown at them and there'd be monkey chants ringing around the ground...why would any gay footballer want to voluntarily attract that level of abuse? Much better to keep schtumn.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: boggzy[/cite]At the Palace game in the East stand. Bloke near where I was with his kid screaming at Ambrose whenever he had the ball "GO ON GAY BOY", "COME ON YOU F***ING POOF", "AMBROSE YOU FUDGEPACKER" etc etc etc.

And Called ZZ Ting Tong *EVERY* single time he touched the ball!!

Excruciating it was for everyone around him.

And regardless of anything else, that's a match where we played well!!!!!

Yet another example of our marvellous home 'support'...[/quote]

Why not report him to the stewards? You can do this anonimously and the club will take action.