Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew

As long as i am spending my hard earned money,which i work my bollocks off every day of the week,i expect you and the team to put it in.The team today were pony,you my friend were a disgrace.I made a point of watching you.You stood with your arms folded leaning against the dug out from the 1st to the 94 th minute.Not once did you venture into the dug out to offer advice or guidance despite the people under your control were performing well below their ability.I regard that as someone who treats 2200 people with complete and utter comtempt and is something i have never seen in 30 years.Thanks Alan you had to see it to believe it.

Comments

• Options
    i want him out,no more pussyfooting about and poetry the guys a wanker .
  • Options
    i agree we are going nowhere, bring in some one who CARES.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    As a major supporter of him, indeed he was the man I called for when Curbs went- even though he was still at West Ham then- I am beginning to question my judgement.
    Anyone who ever listens to the excellent Friday Club on 5Live will know that the rather verbose Steve Clardige says there is no such thing as motivation other than playing in the right position. Load of bollox IMO.
    Professional sport is NOT that different form the sport we play or have played or indeed our work.
    I have played a lot of sport, team sport at a very good level, ok not football but cricket, I also work in a very tough industry and have done for over 20 years.
    I have had my ups and downs in both, but have always performed better when either my captain or guv has inspired and motivated me.
    I have also been captain of a league team and manager at work and know you need respect from your team mates and employees.
    We, as a club, have suffered from not being able to motivate our players properly to perform for sustained periods of a season for a number of years.
    I do not want to see a knee jerk reaction regarding the management but I do want the man I admired a year ago, to have a long hard think on the beach in Dubai about how is going to turn things around big time next season
  • Options
    I echo that Northie. My mum (who I belive you know) spent most of this afternoon pointing out the same fact about Pardew, making m look over at the dugout more times than I wanted too. Never once did I see him shouting out instructions or jumping up and dowen in frustration which I cetainly was from my seat in the stands.

Until we get a passionate manager we wont get a passionate team. It may not yet be time for Pardew to go but its getting close. Should we trust him with more money over the summer or give someone else a go ?

comments please.
  • Options
    this is one scary posting.
    Close to the truth i think.

I will bethere for the barnsley game. Wish I wasn't
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]I echo that Northie.

comments please.

As a major supporter of him, indeed he was the man I called for when Curbs went- even though he was still at West Ham then- I am beginning to question my judgement.
    Anyone who ever listens to the excellent Friday Club on 5Live will know that the rather verbose Steve Clardige says there is no such thing as motivation other than playing in the right position. Load of bollox IMO.
    Professional sport is NOT that different form the sport we play or have played or indeed our work.
    I have played a lot of sport, team sport at a very good level, ok not football but cricket, I also work in a very tough industry and have done for over 20 years.
    I have had my ups and downs in both, but have always performed better when either my captain or guv has inspired and motivated me.
    I have also been captain of a league team and manager at work and know you need respect from your team mates and employees.
    We, as a club, have suffered from not being able to motivate our players properly to perform for sustained periods of a season for a number of years.
    I do not want to see a knee jerk reaction regarding the management but I do want the man I admired a year ago, to have a long hard think on the beach in Dubai about how is going to turn things around big time next season
  • Options
    NSS you know that i have been behind Pardew from the start but i just dont know any more, my concern is costs how much too get rid,who to replace him how much will it cost, Time to blend in and adjust the cost of that, I am not sure he is the man to take us forward i am not sure if i am looking forward to next year i am now totally unsure about everything talking to you and larry yesterday it was the performance of pardew that disapointed as much as the players and that is unacepptable
  • Options
    if they slash his budget he may well walk,if billy davies had his money at the start of the season ( i know hypothetical as he was at derby) he would have done a whole lot better.I would bite the bullett sound out davies if he is interested this time give him the job.
  • Options
    Does anyone recall the spat Pardew had with Wenger. Seem to remember him showing quite a lot of passion at the Emirates then.

This has been one hell of a flat disappointing season. My problem is I cant ink in one player to next seasons starting teamsheet.
  • Options
    Pards is passionate or rather has the capability of being passionate. Last seaason I sat just behind the home dug out and was impressede by his involvement and coaching throughout the game, he was parctically kickijng every ball, making every save etc,. I have moved this season, so see less of him, but he is not the match day coach /manager that he was when he first joined. So what has happened? Why is he showing the signs of demotivation? Has he realised that he had no hope coming in and now regrets his decision? Murray is suppossed to have said he is arrogant - are there problems behind the scene(There should be)? the manager seems to be demotivated - WHY?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pardew set the standard when he signed Patrick McCarthy, a donkey who is at best a 3rd level player, we need to set our standards higher than rubbish like Patrick McCarthy. If we are to have any hope of challenging next season then players of McCarthys [lack of] ability are not what we need. He must be given a free transfer.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]As long as i am spending my hard earned money,which i work my bollocks off every day of the week,i expect you and the team to put it in.The team today were pony,you my friend were a disgrace.I made a point of watching you.You stood with your arms folded leaning against the dug out from the 1st to the 94 th minute.Not once did you venture into the dug out to offer advice or guidance despite the people under your control were performing well below their ability.I regard that as someone who treats 2200 people with complete and utter comtempt and is c.Thanks Alan you had to see it to believe it.

So definition of a good manager is only one who jumps up and down animatedly shooting his mouth of at every opportunity?

Lennie Lawrence used to sit passively and say nothing, showing no emotion during a match.
    By your definition: Lennie was a disgrace.

Curbs was only very rarely animated, virtually always passive during the match.
    By your definition: Curbs was a disgrace.

Something you've never seen in 30 years, Steve?
    Nothing personal mate - I know you hate Pards with a vengance but your logic doesn't add up.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: WelshAddick[/cite]i agree we are going nowhere, bring in some one who CARES.[/quote]

I agree but who?

Paul Ince?
  • Options
    What Murray said when asked about Pardew is " He is arogant, but maybe you need to be like that to deal with todays players".

Pardew comes over to alot of us as though he couldnt give a sh*t about CAFC. I mean if he gets the bullet he will geta large part of a large contract(money wise) paid up. So maybe he dont give sh*t.
  • Options
    [cite]Anyone who ever listens to the excellent Friday Club on 5Live will know that the rather verbose Steve Clardige says there is no such thing as motivation other than playing in the right position. Load of bollox IMO.

Spot on there Chirpy. Unfortunately I have always been rubbish at sport, but I do know that someone only has to watch our five-a-side team for a few minutes for me to up the ante and play a lot better (fortunately, no-one ever watches a whole game otherwise I'd wind up dead with exhaustion). If there was no such thing as motivation why would SGE make one of his first jobs as England manager the appointment of sports psychologist Willi Raito? I know it seems a long way off now, but the effects were quite something.

Perhaps, blindness to such a universal factor in sporting success is the reason Claridge has never made it as a manager.
  • Options
    I've never agreed with the Jumping up and down = passion = good manager equation.

I agree totally with DJ Davey Dave says above. Good management is about getting the most out of what you have in terms of your people and resources. We had plenty of both and Pardew hasn't got the best out of either.

When he came I wasn't one of those that believed that he walked on water. I thought his record while showing some success had some flaws. He walked out on Reading but he had success at West Ham after taking terrible stick from West Ham fans for poor performances and losing the play-off final. He got them up, only via the play-offs again, and they finished 9th, playing attacking football and reached a cup final (a season we would have been more than happy with under Curbs).

The next year they struggled. Did they over-achieve the year before? Did the players get too big for their Bentley's? Did the two Argentines and the new board undermine what Pardew was trying to do? Was it something else that we don't talk about?

I didn't think he was the world's greatest manager when he came and I don't think he's the world's worse manager now but, as DJ Davey Dave said, he needs to take a long hard look at this year and do something different as whatever it was he tried this year just didn't work consistanly or often enough. Sure we had some good preformances and we lost a lot of key players to injuries just when they were doing well (Toddy, Dickson, Magic).

Maybe he was let down by certain players - I certainly think he was - but they were players he either bought or decided to keep

Coming back from QPR we were considering which of this season's signings have been successes. Toddy until he got injured certainly IMHO and I still think he was a real miss all year. Iwelumo - For all his knockers 10 goals for £0 is good return. Weaver - Another free. And who else. A few more who need more time perhaps and a few more who have been a shocking waste of money. We shall see next season which are which.
  • Options
    I think Semedo has had a good season. Free signing, new position, new culture. And overall he's done well this year imo.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]I think Semedo has had a good season. Free signing, new position, new culture. And overall he's done well this year imo.

Agree. Along with Moutilakill, Racon, Varney, Dickson and to a lesser extent ZiZi I'd put him in the "done OK but need more time" category. Would still like to see Semedo at FB or CH which are his more natural positions.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]i want him out,no more pussyfooting about and poetry the guys a wanker .

Like who??
    [cite]Posted By: WelshAddick[/cite]i agree we are going nowhere, bring in some one who CARES.

Like who??

Lets be honest- it's easy to say this. I was there yesterday, i saw the lack of passion, or to be honest any real signs of even giving a damn and one of the most pathetic performances by a CAFC team i have ever seen, but Pardew is a career man and he knows that his career will be blotted badly by this season.

DJDD and Henry sum up my views, he needs to take one hell of a good look at himself and realise that his career as a potential top flight manager is hanging by a thread and come back all guns blazing..

Next season will be a big one for all concerned.
  • Options
    His heart is still with West Ham. He was gutted to leave there and obviously took this job on as it was another prem club. The panick loan signings have been awful and the down fall of our season (along with Reid going and signing crap like iwelumo). Say what you will about Curbs but look at the club the day he left after the Bburn defeat and look at us now! He is a legend for this club. It looks like the board will stick with Pardew this coming season so we owe it to our club to get behind him...I am not filled with too much optimism at present though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2008
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]As long as i am spending my hard earned money,which i work my bollocks off every day of the week,i expect you and the team to put it in.The team today were pony,you my friend were a disgrace.I made a point of watching you.You stood with your arms folded leaning against the dug out from the 1st to the 94 th minute.Not once did you venture into the dug out to offer advice or guidance despite the people under your control were performing well below their ability.I regard that as someone who treats 2200 people with complete and utter comtempt and is c.Thanks Alan you had to see it to believe it.[/quote]

So definition of a good manager is only one who jumps up and down animatedly shooting his mouth of at every opportunity?

Lennie Lawrence used to sit passively and say nothing, showing no emotion during a match.
    By your definition: Lennie was a disgrace.

Curbs was only very rarely animated, virtually always passive during the match.
    By your definition: Curbs was a disgrace.

Something you've never seen in 30 years, Steve?
    Nothing personal mate - I know you hate Pards with a vengance but your logic doesn't add up.[/quote]

Where the hell did i say i wanted him screaming and shouting,what i said was he didn't once venture into the technical area to offer advice and guidance.Sorry oggy but you would not believe it if you saw it with your eyes yesterday.He just stood leant against the dug out for 90 mins.I could do that, and the fact he did that and nothing else is a disgrace.So please read back my original post I did not say i wanted him screaming and shouting.

I never once saw curbs just give up and stand there like he didn't give a toss and the same can be said for lennie.