Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

This side can play....but

edited April 2008 in General Charlton
The players we have can certainly play, but they need to learn to play in this division. I would have hoped they would have worked that out by now, but they haven't.

one third of our points this season have come against the current (and probably final) top six sides. This tells me that we are a long way from a poor team.

It also suggests that that pardew doesn't have too many issues motivating the team when he needs to. As a team we have been pretty poor since beating Palace at home.

My optimistic side says that if we do alright against the bigger side we should be in with a good chance next season. We have three sides coming down who will financially be bigger fish than we are. If leeds comes up in place of one of the relgated sides that will help as well, as despite their problems they will be considered a big side in the league. Ipswich and QPR both have more cash than we are so, what I am trying to say is there will be far more 'big sides' for us to play next season as we will have dropped down the pecking order compared to this year.

Comments

• Options
    I take your point, we play a bit better off the back foot when the pressure is off us to win, this would also explain our better away form (we aren't expected to win) and when apparently lesser teams play us and sit back we can't break them down. I think thats more to do with the tactical approach, team selections and personnel involved etc not about the players learning to play in this league.