Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Geoff Thomas Foundation Donation No. D8620141

It's not the money, I'm happy to donate to a good cause, but losing a bet as to who would finish higher, us or Palace, with Son of Selhurst after we did the double over them hurts.

Shameful that not only will we finish below them but perhaps QPR as well while ending up in the bottom half of the table.

Comments

• Options
    dark days indeed,and darker to come with pardew at the helm,this man is not the man for the job.
  • Options
    You may say that. I couldn't possibly comment.
  • Options
    I wonder if, once relieved of the role of fans' director, we might see the real Henry Irving step forward!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]I wonder if, once relieved of the role of fans' director, we might see the real Henry Irving step forward!!

Just you wait!! ; - )
  • Options
    Henry

I knew you would require no prompt regarding our wager!

The victory feels a little hollow as you have taken 6 points off us this season, but none the less at this stage of the season a wins a win and i'm happy on behalf of the Geoff Thomas Foundation to accept this one! Get in!!! ;-)

How long has Pardew got? Not long I'd say....he didn't do it with Reading, he completely lost the plot in the play-off final with west ham against us and was pretty fortunate the PNE decided not turn up the year he did get up Wham promoted.

The man does not take pressure very well and if i'm really honest his signing of Gray from burnley was very odd...the fella is a very average championship striker. Why did racon get bombed out on loan to the seaweed? I thought he looked like a player.

Do you think a change will be made???
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]Henry

I knew you would require no prompt regarding our wager!

The victory feels a little hollow as you have taken 6 points off us this season, but none the less at this stage of the season a wins a win and i'm happy on behalf of the Geoff Thomas Foundation to accept this one! Get in!!! ;-)

How long has Pardew got? Not long I'd say....he didn't do it with Reading, he completely lost the plot in the play-off final with west ham against us and was pretty fortunate the PNE decided not turn up the year he did get up Wham promoted.

The man does not take pressure very well and if i'm really honest his signing of Gray from burnley was very odd...the fella is a very average championship striker. Why did racon get bombed out on loan to the seaweed? I thought he looked like a player.

Do you think a change will be made???

Results head to head mean nothing if you can't beat the likes of Scunny or Col U. We've just not been good enough often enough even if we have seen some brief moments of class.

Congratulations on winning the bet. If you are still in this division I may offer you the same bet again in September but only when I've seen who we've signed and sold : - )

I won't wish you luck in the play-offs but I think that the team on a run always that sneaks in has a better chance as Palace with Dowie and West Ham with Pardew shows.

I like Racon as well and his time may well come when he's had more time in English football. I hope so at least. Gray has been a major disappointment IMHO. He was bought to replace Todorov who we've missed since he was injured but just hasn't done it.

I've said elsewhere that I didn't think Pardew wasn't the almighty being that some CAFC fans made out when he came but I don't think he is the world's worst manager now either.

Thankfully Supporters' Directors don't get a say in managerial appointments otherwise we'd have Mike Newell as boss : - )
  • Options
    You can tell your stepping down Benjamin!

It's not the end of the world with sooper Al at the tiller
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]You can tell your stepping down Benjamin!

It's not the end of the world with sooper Al at the tiller

Not at all. He's made mistakes but I still think that he can do something next season. More than Mike Newell anyway : - )

And it's Ben.