Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Getting dressed for the match part 2

edited April 2008 in Not Sports Related
Stopped off in the globe yesterday after the game,lacoste everywhere.Back in the early 80's i bought my first ST over at shepheards bush,well i was amazed the shop is still there.For me terrace fashion was and is blinding!the face mag always took note of foootball fashion.
What is or was your fav clobber for football?

Comments

• Options
    Funny thing mate first game i ever remember my dad taking me to at The valley. I was standing next to very very sharpe dressed mods, i remember they were very load but very very smart.
  • Options
    its a mod thing!i remember talking to Kev H many years ago fella coming back from bolton must of been in the early 80's,he told me of the days in the late 60's when all the vespas would be parked up outside the ground!We are the mods we are the mods we are we are we are the mods!
  • Options
    On a slightly different note, I remember one Saturday afternoon outside The Oak with Riscardo etc etc & for some unearthly reason we were discussing fashion mistakes!!!

We were trying to remember that old saying about colours that don't go together - at the very moment someone shouted out

"Blue & Green should never be seen"

Razil appeared through the crowds dressed from had to toe in every combination of blue & green imaginable. Oh the laughter! Those pre/post match sessions at The Oak are more memorable than most of the matches...
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]On a slightly different note, I remember one Saturday afternoon outside The Oak with Riscardo etc etc & for some unearthly reason we were discussing fashion mistakes!!!

We were trying to remember that old saying about colours that don't go together - at the very moment someone shouted out

"Blue & Green should never be seen"

Razil appeared through the crowds dressed from had to toe in every combination of blue & green imaginable. Oh the laughter! Those pre/post match sessions at The Oak are more memorable than most of the matches...

I remember that ... it was the same time that Kevin Everest was trying to tell me that stripey jumpers were de rigeur.

My favourite football outfit was my purple leather tachini tracksuit and matching bow tie combo from last season ...
  • Options
    I remember you reffing a CIFC game in painter's overalls & sunglasses!
  • Options
    Stone Island was great til Chris Lowe from the Pet Shop Boys wore it on TOTP. . . .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite] i bought my first ST over at shepheards bush
    What's an ST? I thought it was a season ticket!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]I remember you reffing a CIFC game in painter's overalls & sunglasses!

No wasnt a painters overall, it was a diesel three quarter length jacket with shorts and a bandana tied around my shin.

I gave a pen against the Arsenal in the last minute and they all got upperty about it. Walking off the bloke who concedes the pen said that in the 4 years he had ben playing for that team I was the best ref they had come across ;)
  • Options
    jakes on berwick street, soho, has got a load of new fila clobber in. proper 80s retro. waiting for pay day.....
  • Options
    Do like a lyle and scott
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]jakes on berwick street, soho, has got a load of new fila clobber in. proper 80s retro. waiting for pay day.....

Work right near there Les, great shop and not bad prices either. Well worth checking out
  • Options
    Only lyle and scott worth wearing is the rarer silver eagle range that are done on the golfing websites. Usually have the price from the usual stuff and a proper fitting size.

Although saying that got a bucket hat for the summer navy with the normal L&S eagle on.
  • Options
    Red diamond Pringle jumper, red Lyle and Scott polo neck, sky blue Sergio Tacchnini tracksuit bottoms.....I was the mutts nuts I tell thee....lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend_Or_Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]i bought my first ST over at shepheards bush
    What's an ST? I thought it was a season ticket!
    Sergio
  • Options
    I remember the first ST i brought cost a mint, didnt know if i should wear it or frame it !
  • Options
    I've got a beige ST polo shirt, very retro.
  • Options
    as usual graeme you could misquote for england, it was red and green. a cafc top with green/blue bomber jacket
  • Options
    Used to make me laugh going to the match in the eighties, me in my leather jacket, turned up jeans, chukka boots and greased up quiff, I was always searched 'cos I was "one of those teddy boy types", while the real hooligans in their dodgy tracksuits and pringle jumpers walked behind the OB laughing!
  • Options
    ST, Fila t-shirt, Lois jumbo cords....ah the memorys
  • Options
    "best dressed crew in division two" thats when you wore Pringles and didnt eat em.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]"best dressed crew in division two" thats when you wore Pringles and didnt eat em.

I am currently the proud owner of a lovely yellow pringle jumper, takes me right back to the day.
  • Options
    In my day, it was a Ben Sherman, Levi Sta-Press and steel-toed DM's. When you went to Luton the plod used to take the laces out of your boots
  • Options
    hunter jackets
  • Options
    Still got my lime Kappa roll neck jumper.
  • Options
    Old boiz rule

Fila trakies ST and Piere Cardin those were the days
  • Options
    Armani jumper,black leather, faded jeans,Nike or Stan smiths in the 80'S for me.Mind you what goes round comes round wear all the same now but new off course!
  • Options
    Flat cap, raincoat and rattle:-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Flat cap, raincoat and rattle:-)
    Burberry when it was in fashion i hope!lol
  • Options
    I saw in a well know sports shop over here a pair of suede fila trainers i had as a yoof they bloody wanted 90 quid for them i couldnt believe it i skiped mine as soon as they got tatty back then could have put them in the cleaners and ebayed them of the same money i paid for them years ago i reckon
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]I saw in a well know sports shop over here a pair of suede fila trainers i had as a yoof they bloody wanted 90 quid for them i couldnt believe it i skiped mine as soon as they got tatty back then could have put them in the cleaners and ebayed them of the same money i paid for them years ago i reckon
    Tell me about it i have a load of Fila now,but in the day i had the original BJ makes me sick to think i flogged it all then just to upgrade to the next wave of fashion!mind you such is life as at the the time terrace fashion was the thing in our days