Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardews Quotes

Could do his own book on them.What has been your favourite. Mine has to be "in the clubs I have managed we have always had a strong second half to the season" oh well Al another quote "first time for everything"

Comments

• Options
    he wouldnt remember them. he doesnt know what he is going to say before the garbage comes out and once it has he is looking for the next line to try and impress the hacks
  • Options
    The best above all has to be " CAFC fans will see entertaining football this season" not by your team we didnt Pardew and to be honest not much by anyone else.
  • Options
    He said last night at the POTY awards:

"the one thing we can all hope is that Palace don't make the play offs"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]He said last night at the POTY awards:

did he actually or was that a piss take?
  • Options
    nope that's the mentally of him should never be suprised by his comments
  • Options
    He really did say that. 100%
  • Options
    Has anyone noticed his first two letters of his surname are PA and they are the same as the first two letters of PAlarse !!! spooky that. Its like one of those hiden code thingys in the bible or at Canterbury Catherdral, maybe its got somethingto do with FreeMasons !!!!
  • Options
    Do u think he does the funny handshake, mind you the father in law is a freemason, funny old lot, been to a few of the ladies nights,
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite] "in the clubs I have managed we have always had a strong second half to the season" oh well Al another quote "first time for everything"

you forgot about last season!!
  • Options
    http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/charlton/news/display.var.2223845.0.addicks_chief_in_refelctive_mood.php

Have to say this a lot more honest measured piece from Pards in my view.

Thumb up from me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "goalscoring has been a problem - 10 or 11 games we have lost by just 1 goal......."

He's finally seen the light and hit the nail on the head. As I have said on here many times this season, goals win games. QPR was the nadir as our first shot on target was after 85 mins and hopefully tomorrow we may see some improvement.

If a striker can't shot he shouldn't be on the pitch.
  • Options
    I think it was more about supply, he admits Reids replacements couldn't cut it..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]"goalscoring has been a problem - 10 or 11 games we have lost by just 1 goal......."

He's finally seen the light and hit the nail on the head. As I have said on here many times this season, goals win games. QPR was the nadir as our first shot on target was after 85 mins and hopefully tomorrow we may see some improvement.

If a striker can't shot he shouldn't be on the pitch.

In fairness, if the striker isn't getting the ball, there isn't much he can do.

I'm not saying our strikers are the best but with some decent service would certainly have scored more.
  • Options
    The KIng of spin just keeps on Spinning :-)
  • Options
    "We have to play five of the top six at home so it is all in our own hands" mmm well done Al but i think you should have focused on the bottom teams that beat us
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]He said last night at the POTY awards:

Ex palarse semi final cup hero saying that, he's just paying lip service to keep Charlton fans happy, he doesnt really mean it deep down.
  • Options
    beat me to it da9 i was reading his comments and going to say exactly that all it is is lip service,i take everything he says with a pinch of salt now.
  • Options
    hey come on hes had some time to think and starting to make more sense, credit where its due peeps

:)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]hey come on hes had some time to think and starting to make more sense, credit where its due peeps

:)

If you think that was anything other than lip service than your a mad person with garibaldis for teeth and a wibble for a hat.
  • Options
    LOL.I reckon he's just been reading my posts, and copying them out for his press releases...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]"goalscoring has been a problem - 10 or 11 games we have lost by just 1 goal.......".

Cue more strikers bought in during the close season, a couple of left backs and a few wingers and no central midfielders to boss the games and create chances
  • Options
    AP formation next season

4 1 5

just sack him

If he was a dog they would have put him down by now
  • Options
    agreed he hasn't got a clue......
  • Options
    the FIFA qualified coaches on here have spoken - sack him.

Oh, and let's get Jose in - he's bound to want the job.

Nice work.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]the FIFA qualified coaches on here have spoken - sack him.

Oh, and let's get Jose in - he's bound to want the job.

Nice work.

Nah if we get some one else what willwe have to moan about. Knowing us lot we'll be on Shelvey and Wagstaffs back
  • Options
    LoOKie, can't we just rename this thread: Pardew assassination thread
  • Options
    He also needs to think about the defence it wasn't just the lack of goals scored it was the amount we let in. There weren’t many home games where we didn't gift teams a goal or two lead.

You have to start at the back when building a solid side for this league.

You have to go back to 1st Feb for our last game without conceding, Sheff Utd 0 - 2; they were so bad they got slaughtered by the manager for a bad performance. The fact they are now above us probably proves it was their inept performance rather than our defending that achieved the 0.

Next, Feb Sheff Wed 0 -0 say no more.

January 1 - 0 Stoke, ok decent performance but should Stoke have scored.

Dec Cardiff 0 - 2 again opposition slaughtered for performance.

There you have it one clean sheet per month.

The only sequences of good results with not conceding were in Nov we had four, Southampton 0 -1, Bristol C 0 - 1, Cardiff 3 - 0 and Preston 0 - 2. The central pairing was loaned Sodje & Fortune.

We have had a problem in midfield for to long and it needs to be addressed but results show the defence has now become just as big a problem. If you are always on the back foot chasing the game because of conceding individual error goals then it does become harder to create and the pressure on strikers is more intensified.