Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++Free Season Tickets - Again (if the two year plan works of course)+++

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]So how much is a ticket in E Block of the East on a match by match basis, cos this price still works out at over £20 a game and I can see a lot of people not renewing.

You only have to miss one game a season and you end up well out of pocket.

I dont know how we compare with others, but I think £475 is a lot for a season ticket in this league, if I knew I could buy my seat on a match by match basis I dont think I would renew, missed 3 home games this season.

As the story states, the standard match price for a seat in east block E will be £25, with some matches at £30. That implies an aggregate price of at least £575 (i.e. 23 x £25), so you'd have to miss at least five games before you'd be better off - and east block E is currently one of the most difficult places to buy a match ticket.

Just so I'm clear on this. A single ticket for the middle of of the west or east stand is going to be £25 or £30 and one in the north or south or the ends of the east or west will remain at £20?

Personally I think that £25-30 for Championship football is a piss take no matter where you sit and I probably won't go to as many games, but in fairness, I'm still on a bit of a downer about how this season has gone and will probably feel differently come the summer.
  • Options
    The club isn't going to make any commitments about match pricing at this stage other than that season tickets will be the best value in any given area and what it's already said about the most expensive areas, which is a direct response to concerns expressed by ST holders in those areas.

What it's saying in effect is that some matches will be dearer than others and some seats will be dearer than others, i.e. we are moving away from the flat £20 for match tickets. That way it will have the flexibility to respond to circumstances and demand, both of which are currently unknown.

I'd totally agree that most people wouldn't want to pay £30 to see a Championship match, but they won't have to do so unless the rest of the ground is sold out - and in that case the price is justified by the demand.
  • Options
    did on the day prices also vary between blocks in the east this year?
  • Options
    They've turned my head again - swines!

I'de made my mind up that this year was it, my last one as a ST holder and next season I will just go to the games that take my fancy. Mainly because for the last 3 years I've been (mostly) bored off my arse watching the crap thats been served up by Curbs/Dowie/Reed/Pardew.

Justifying the expenditure every year to the Mrs is getting harder and harder when all I seem to be doing is coming back from games moining about how awful we were, I don't miss it when I'm not there as much nowadays, the club just seems to have changed (I'm not too sure whether for the better or not) from the little old Charlton I fell in love with when we moved back to the Valley.

The 2 people I go with aren't renewing and it seemed to have forced my hand, but now CAFC have dangled the 'free' season ticket carrot in-front of me again I'm caught in 2 minds!

You swines!
  • Options
    where do i sign anyway??

where are the forms??!!