Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wolves and Hull...

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]I agree with MCS, SOS is welcome on here any time in my book. He keeps it civilised and does not resort to the petty mud-slinging that gets so, so boring after a while.

Agreed..

Always good to have a thought out and well put opposition fan's opinion....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]

I think CAFC have major problems for next season.

SOS - you generally talk a lot of sense (for a stripey Nigel), would be ineterested to know why you think we have major problems for next season? Admittedly our end to this season has been pretty dire but I still think we're not far off of having a really decent Championship squad, next season could be another disappointing one if we don't add the correct players but not sure I'd say 'major problems'?

The main reasons being that I believe that this is your 4th consecutive season of decline. I think and reading this site, quite a few of you agree that your current squad does not have the necessary balls to fight in the matches where fight is just as important as technical ability.

The main problem though to be brutally honest is pardew...... I'll never forget how he cracked under pressure in the play-off final for wham against us....the most bizzare substitutions I have ever seen.

I think he has now assembled a very average championship forward line for you.......and he clearly thinks it himself by brining in lita.

Being really objective, there is probably only two players in your squad I'd like at Palace.......which if I'm honest I would have expected that number to have been at least 7.

I honestly think if you give pardew 10 million to spend and he would not get you up. His promotion record is only via the play-offs and he lost 2 of the 3 finals he has reached. And the game he did win PNE were awful....although I'm sure mortain will say differently.

West Ham and Reading have both done better since he left. Although financially West Ham are different club now to the one he managed to be fair.

But it's just an opinion......and no doubt most will think this is from an anti- cafc perspective.

I hope he stays ;-)

Good well thought out post, I'd be interested to know which 2 of ours you'd like.....cause chances are you can have them !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]If Palace can't get something against Burnley at home with the huge incentive of a play off place then they deserve to fail.

They are in pole position and have their destiny firmly in their own hands.

It depends on how Palace handle the tension - and expectation to succeed.

As you say Palace will be expected to win, but Burnley who are no mugs will be able to play without any worries. Realistically if we don't win, then we don't deserve it, but Palace unfortunately have for us, (not you) have a habit of doing all the hard work, just to blow it when they shouldn't.

I am hoping for a Palace win, and Watford not to win, so that we can get Bristol City, as that would be the easiest fixture to get to mid-week, really don't fancy the trip to Hull mid-week.

One things for sure though, is that if we do get to the playoffs, then we can rely on the support of our South London neighbours.
  • Options
    Damn right there Budgie just not the support you can count on to be in your favour
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Damn right there Budgie just not the support you can count on to be in your favour

To be honest, I'd be disapointed if it were any different. Here's hoping you're not celebrating Sunday, or the end of May.
  • Options
    that 's a deal budgie, you can go lose the play off semi in the middle of may!!
  • Options
    Damn you spotted the weakness.
  • Options
    Really hope Hull go up, then I can still watch premiership football next season!!! ;-)