Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

just back from Oakwell

2»

Comments

• Options
    This stuff is working out to about 43pence per 500ml. I can't say I care too much for the taste of the stuff however an improvement from the slop I get in the local would be nice
  • Options
    Well done the brave who made the effort
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: lancashire lad[/cite]

Congratulations to the 425 Addicted who turned up and out sung Barnsley

i was there and apart from 15 youffs shouting their head off(and they did sing your support is farking shit...cringe cringe ) we didn't make any noise after the first 10 minutes and the 11k of barnsley were louder than anything i've heard from us at the valley this season....
    and the official number the fellow read out over the tannoy was 475 yippppeeee
    jonjo done well unfortunately the game seemed to pass wagstaff by for what little time he was on the pitch
    the defence was keystone cops from the beginning of the match it was a battle between paddy and bouggy for who could be the most inept central defender on the pitch , pardew decided it was bouggy.
    weaver (and i'm a big fan of his) was not commanding enough a couple of times he didn't clear his lines or dithered.
    the fool backs were shabby all tho semedo got into a couple of good positions going forward but didn't have a clue what to do once he got there
    holland usual huff and puff no product, shelvey promising start, halford was good for 5 minute spells and non existant for 20 minute spells, varney looked as hungry as ever but out wide he can't/didn't do any real damage
    ambrose , apart from one shot , disappeared in the bermuda/ charlton triangle position he was playing in
    big chris , the usual wins 1 free kick and gives away 3 to every long ball launched at him
    subs .. sodje an improvement on bouggy but that's not saying much and gray looked like a man who'd scored 1 in 20
    make no mistake we were awful
  • Options
    and you were there to say that according to inspector i cant have a view coz i wasn't there.So nice to get a honest apprasal.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]

i was there and apart from 15 youffs shouting their head off(and they did sing your support is farking shit...cringe cringe ) we didn't make any noise after the first 10 minutes and the 11k of barnsley were louder than anything i've heard from us at the valley this season....
    jonjo done well unfortunately the game seemed to pass wagstaff by for what little time he was on the pitch
    the defence was keystone cops from the beginning of the match it was a battle between paddy and bouggy for who could be the most inept central defender on the pitch , pardew decided it was bouggy.
    weaver (and i'm a big fan of his) was not commanding enough a couple of times he didn't clear his lines or dithered.
    the fool backs were shabby all tho semedo got into a couple of good positions going forward but didn't have a clue what to do once he got there
    holland usual huff and puff no product, shelvey promising start, halford was good for 5 minute spells and non existant for 20 minute spells, varney looked as hungry as ever but out wide he can't/didn't do any real damage
    ambrose , apart from one shot , disappeared in the bermuda/ charlton triangle position he was playing in
    big chris , the usual wins 1 free kick and gives away 3 to every long ball launched at him
    subs .. sodje an improvement on bouggy but that's not saying much and gray looked like a man who'd scored 1 in 20
    make no mistake we were awful

but i bet it was more enjoyable than getting thumped by arsenal/manu/chelsea though. and finishing mid table in the championship is so more rewarding than mid table prem.
    just think, the season after next we may be able to do it in league 1. i'm salivating at that though ;-)
  • Options
    wahts your apprasal of the season Paul
  • Options
    basically we (including fans) approached the season like we were charlie big potatoes and were gonna p*ss promotion.
    we soon (some sooner than others) found out that it wasn't a stroll in the park and you need to have a hint of bullyboy element all over the pitch.
    what's worrying is that 37 players later i dont think we have improved.
    i fear for us if we don't go up next year. you've only to look at clubs like coventry, soton, norwich,leicester and sheff wed, i don't want to follow in their footsteps.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Thommo[/cite]Thatch had a bad game, lost concentration, made some horrific back passes and lost his head too much.

he was a disgrace and has been ever since he came back into the team. he isn't getting a new deal. he shouldn't get one. why the hell are we playing him?
  • Options
    i was there and apart from 15 youffs shouting their head off

we had a go!
  • Options
    what was the ref thinking when their defender scissor kicked varney from behind, knocking him out, then getting the free kick for it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

They read out out away support over the tannoy?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend_Or_Defoe[/cite]

Yes, nice touch.
  • Options
    didn't notice!!
  • Options
    Holland is all honest endeavour - but all it amounts to really is huff and puff, sorry to say it but I think we should release him in the summer. Perhaps he can have a season at Bournemouth before he retires.
  • Options
    holland out!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend_Or_Defoe[/cite]

i asked a steward(he looked official) as i came thru the turnstiles, cos i got in the ground just before kick off, how many fans we had in there , he said he'd have a count up and get the announcer to say it when the full gate was mentioned.
    i thought he was fobbing me off but yes they did announce it!!
  • Options
    Brave Souls

I praise you all
  • Options
    We went drinking in Barnsley town centre all weekend and had an amazing time. No trouble at all. Saturday night we ended up singing German bombers at the top of our voices with the Barnsley ultras in Walkabout. Top night after dissapointing football.
  • Options
    Total respect to those that went.....hopefully we will improve next season
  • Options
    We're definately improving, we normally lose 4-0 when i go there..... :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]We're definately improving, we normally lose 4-0 when i go there..... :-)

one short as usual. ;-0