Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Old Bailey transcripts from 1674 to 1913 are now on-line

This includes the records of around 200,000 criminal trials held from shortly after the Great Fire of London until just prior to WWI, plus the biographical details of around 3,000 men and women executed at Tyburn.

http://www.oldbaileyonline.org

As many of us are Londoners I wonder how many of us had ancestors tried and sentenced at the Old Bailey? There is a search facility so you can search by your family name...

Comments

• Or some of our existing players ! Some of the performances have been criminal.
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Or some of our existing players ! Some of the performances have been criminal.

yes, but they'd mostly be in the 1500 to 1650 section...
  • [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Or some of our existing players ! Some of the performances have been criminal.

yes, but they'd mostly be in the 1500 to 1650 section...

Chrissie Powell & Matty Holland were both born around that time, I believe .......

;o)
  • Yep just gone through first 30 years found two people with my surname to be hung 4 transported, one for stealing a hankerchief.
  • My brother was alive in the 1700's the old bstd

Full name as well must be him, 1st ,middle and surname
  • My surnames Smith so I'm not going to have a clue am I really!?
  • great website. My aunt in canada is researching our familty tree and this will be good for her.

my dad did a good one put our surname and it came up with some woman with my mum's maiden name stealing a candle from someone with our surname very surreal.
  • I'm going to sound a right numpty now but I've adopted the surname Smith from my Stepdad. Just checked my actual surname and there's 2 cases, 1 for Sexual Assault - Detained for 3 months! Another for Stealing 2 peices of meat! 6 months Hard Labour!
  • stuning 3 more same surname-------- death. 2 for forgery 1 for theft ages 25,22 and 14 seperate cases.