Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Budget Day ?

edited April 2008 in General Charlton
Is it 2day that Pards gets told what budget he gets for next year ? So this would be the day he will walk if he is going to walk. "i had to go the club have no ambition etc etc".Of course he wont be to pleased with the prize money in the Chumps League finishing below half way we will get 2 apples an orange and a £1 Tesco voucher !

I think the board will give him £1mil plus any transfer fees coming in. He will have a max of £2.5 mil.

Comments

• Options
    I reckon he'll get £6.25m in total depending on Thomas and Varney leaving.
  • Options
    ......... Ladies and Gentlemen of the press let me introduce you to the new Head Coach of Charlton Athletic F.C...........................................

1st question 'Steve why have you got red cheeks ?'
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I reckon he'll get £6.25m in total depending on Thomas and Varney leaving.

I reckon you are about £6.25m out
  • Options
    worrying brunello.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]worrying brunello.

Only an opinion but if I were involved I would have spent the first year of parachute money trying to get up and the second budgeting for the possibilty of the future without any outside income whatsoever which means that anyone on high salaries would go and anyone on a one year contract who is worth anything would go. Given that we havent got any players worth anything other than most probably ZZ I cannot see where any funds would come from.
  • Options
    Why all the conjecture?

We'll all find out sooner or later.
    And all the guesswork in the world is totally meaningless, until the club officially tells us.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Why all the conjecture?

Isn't that what a forum is for?
  • Options
    Oggy "meaningless conjecture" if we didnt have that we could only talk about how many times we stuffed LAC Rovers !
  • Options
    Indeed.

I would be grateful if others could help me break down the financial situation over the last twelve months a little. My take and could well be completely wrong with these figures.

On relegation, we successfully reduced our wage bill from around £26m to around £11m.
    We received an £11m parachute payment
    We sold players (Bent, Young, Rommedahl, Reid) for around £22m
    We issued new convertible bonds, raising around 15m
    We bought players (Varney, McLeod, Moo2, Racon, Semedo, McCarthy, Gray) for around £7m

Do those figures appear correct ? Are there and other significant amounts that have not been considered ?

If the answer is no, then you have to ask serious questions as to how our finances were ever allowed to get into such a severe situation in the first place if we are still in a financially unviable situation.

BTW, our wage bill if correct, will still be around £3-4m above the average for the Championship, and will need to be reduced further this summer.
  • Options
    isn't all the trouble made the year before by dowie, reed, then pards, spending what they thought would b this yrs extra prem money??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2008
    theyve basically borrowed and spent, money they 'assumed' they were gonna get from havin another yr in the prem, and we all know how that went.

dowie spent more on faye and troure (including signing on fee etc) than we did all this yr!!! Worringly, and possibly exactely y this man doesn't have a job.
  • Options
    Richard Murray's Report from December may help:

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=31703&newstype=n
  • Options
    AFKA

Spot on to what someone i know has been saying were has all teh money gone
  • Options
    The Bond issue is to for debt relief (only trust hand relief). The was "historical debt" which was costing loads and now its been covered by the income from the bonds.

When you have independent auditors that have to check our accounts under FSA guidelines we have to assume everything is kosher. Strange thing is i can never make the numbers add up.
  • Options
    From a bit of digging, i understand my wage bill estimate is well below the actual figure, and that the Championship average is slightly higher than what i believed.

Even so, i don't think its wildly inaccurate to believe our wage bill is somewhere around twice the divisional average.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Oggy "meaningless conjecture" if we didnt have that we could only talk about how many times we stuffed LAC Rovers !

I played a couple of times for LAC Rovers. Was it Eddie (little fat bloke) who was the manager and of course driving the coaches.
  • Options
    Soton, use this thread please:

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=16208

ta
  • Options
    We issued new convertible bonds, raising around 15m

It was made clear at the time that the money raised was to not going to be used to buy players/develop the ground but to pay off a few loans and over-drafts that were costing us too much money in interest payments.
  • Options
    I suspect that next year's budget will depend heavily on what players Pards has to sell.

Since we only have a few players who are worth anything it might mean that they are the ones who will go, alternatively quite a few players - Thatcher, Youga etc whose contracts expire this season might be on their way.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    Even so, i don't think its wildly inaccurate to believe our wage bill is somewhere around twice the divisional average.

But surely that's because we've had twice the entertainment this year? Oh.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    twice the amount of players maybe !