Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Man U v Barca

2»

Comments

• Options
    And isn't it amazing how many of those English players get injured around the same time international friendlies come round?

I know the clubs pay them but its just another step in the dance. The bosses of these clubs could not care less (should they?) about the national side.
  • Options
    keeping 2 clean sheets against Barca[/quote]

To be fair,whenwas the last time Barcelona scored against us?[/quote]

Bang on, when was the last time any of the big European teams turned us over? Its never happened and if we keep going like we are now it will never happen either!!!

Very funny call, Chirpy.
  • Options
    since the inception of the premiership , the stadiums have improved and crowds have risen, to me that can only be for the good of the game.

admittedly the money has escalated out of the real world that the players now earn but thats supply and demand and people are willing to subscribe to these sky dishes so they can watch a zillion live games so sky get extra tv advertising and can afford to pay the premier league ridiculous money for these matches and the clubs can afford to pay top wages for players.
    we now have the best players come and play in our league where as before they were more likely to go to italy or spain
    i love watching the games and given the choice i'll always watch the prem game over the chumpionship cos the quality of game on offer will invariably be a better one
    since i was a boy everyones moaned about how england always underperfomed but i'm more a charlton fan than england(or whatever country has your allegiance) fan and i know when our players were/are away on national duty i'm more worried for them not to get an injury as to their performance.
    as recently as this season i would be petrified when reidy was playing for ireland just in case he got injured, so i can understand the managers who like to protect their players from playing internationals in the best interests of their own club cos thats what i'd want our club to do
  • Options
    I like man yoo always have always will. very good game last night i thought Messi was gonna score at any minute what a player i am sure Pards could get him for a few mill next season.

Now for Liverpool to win tonight

man yoo vs Liverpool final will be end to end and a good game if chelski win average grant will make it a very boring final
  • Options
    liverpool v man utd for me will have more of an edge to it , unless chelsea pip united for the title and that could spice up that one, not that it'll need it but every ingredient helps!
  • Options
    I, for one, am excited by an all-English champions league final. Would you rather have an all-Spanish or all-Italian final? I think the answer to that would be no.

Paint your fence, do your hair, have a w**k........I'll be sitting in front of the box with a nice cold beer, hoping Chelsea win but not really too bothered.
  • Options
    ditto gump , except i don't know who i want to win
  • Options
    At least Man U have qualified for the final of the Champion's League after winning the Premiership last year. When was the last time that happened? I think Barcelona a couple of seasons ago, Porto before that, and then what? Liverpool have made the final twice in recent years after finishing fourth in the Prem and may do again tonight, yet it's been a decade since they last got anywhere close to winning the premiership.

While there might be some good football on display and great footballers the whole thing is effectively disenfranchising smaller clubs like Charlton. A few greedy clubs are disproportionately taking most of the spoils and dominating the game. That is not good for the sport or the integrity of the competition itself.
  • Options
    Wouldnt it be mad it Average grant won the league and champions league. if you listen too chelski fans he is the worse mgr in the world and fat frank and JT have been getting the results by taking charge on the pitch and not doing what average says, i dont know one chelski fan that wants him to stay
  • Options
    Enjoyed the game. Cracking goal. wez Brown played well. Mezzi great feet.

We under achieved at National level long before the Prem League. Although i feel now there should be some sort od quota re none EU players. Although this might f**k Arsenal up (o dear what a shame!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why didn't we sign Messi?
    Well done Curbs/Andrew Mills (delete as appropriate)
  • Options
    he just isnt good enuff apparently he wouldnt have improved our squad
  • Options
    I was cheering Barca. I hate those Argentinian loving Mancs.
  • Options
    'when have Barcelona ever turned us over ?'

LOL, love it Chirps !
  • Options
    Only watched the second half but I was on the edge of my seat watching that, really nervous. God knows why i dont even like Man U but like someone else said i want Scholes to have his moment. Tho did make me laugh when Ronaldo was making diving motions at the Barca player.
  • Options
    There is much I dislike about Man YOOOO but as an English team against foreign opposition they have to be supported and Paul Scholes is a proper footballer. No fuss or big time Charlie stuff he just goes about his business.

I want Man U to win the whole thing now so Scholes gets a deserved award after missing out on their win in '99.
  • Options
    I didn't realise but Gerrard is on a yellow tonight so one away from missing the final if they get there.
    That must affect him tonight.
  • Options
    dirty bstd that scholesy though
  • Options
    Waking The Dead was far more exciting ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]I was cheering Barca. I hate those Argentinian loving Mancs.

But Barcelona had an Argentinian player on the pitch too.