Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darren Purse sending off rescinded by

The Welsh FA

Meaning he can play in the Cup Final. Absolute joke. How the hell does the Welsh FA get involved in this when he is playing in an English bloody competition. This si laughable absolutely laughable. Our FA should take a long hard look at that joke welsh FA and have words.

His tackle was a disgrace gave Andy Cole 10 stitches in his leg and could have been worse.

Comments

• Options
    All welsh teams should play in the welsh leagues. How can a player playing in an English league be dealt with by the Welsh FA. Absolute load of ballacks.
    The English FA should find there gonads and re-instate his three games ban. And then give him one extra for playing in a frivolous country.
  • Options
    That tackle was a bad one, as much as I dislike Andy Cole I could well understand why he wanted to have a quiet chatter with Purse about it.

Made me cringe Sunday morning hearing the lot on goals on Sunday saying they were heartbroken for him blah blah blah. It was a red even before this seasons supposed clampdown on high tackles.
  • Options
    No offence to the Welsh, but they're all inbred.
  • Options
    what a farce surely the FA aren't going to let the panel of the Welsh Fa get away with that the panel is mad up of Stacey Ness Bryn and Max Boyce
  • Options
    Obvious solution: tell them to FRO for the ENGLISH FA's european slot, should they win. In fact, tell them no - so no point in trying!
  • Options
    Isn't this the same Welsh FA that Risdale wanted to Leave because of the row over the qualification for europe should Cardiff win the cup?
  • Options
    i thought i heard cardiff will get the ENGLISH european slot available to the fa cup winners , if they win
  • Options
    I'm assuming we're all Pompey fans for the final then ;-)
  • Options
    I did hear that the English FA were going to bend over a bench and let the Welsh FA and tin pot natuonalist MPs shag em. Looks like its already happened.
  • Options
    I don't have a problem with Cardiff I just find this welsh fa dealing with sendings off in an English league a fecking joke. How must that referee feel now he did his job to the letter of the law and rightly sent off Purse for an awful tackle and then gets made to look in the wrong by a Pub league panel of nobodies WHO have acted on sentimental grounds SIMPLE as that.

Farce absolute farce. He could go and score the winning goal in a game he shoudl not be playing in and would not be playing in if his appeal was heard byt the Englsih FA.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    farce
  • Options
    Always been the case as the Welsh clubs who play in England aren't full members of the FA, but of course a song before the game is more important then this and the european place
  • Options
    Here is the tackle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvCUTuJSjPA

Sorry Rothko, this is not about the anthem but if you don't think think that the decision was affected by Purse missing the Cup Final i think its quite naive. If they werent in the final, the red card would have stood - i doubt Cardiff would have even appealed. it's wrong.
  • Options
    It's a red card challenge .. end of.

When you look at what Sankofa was given a 3 match then 4 match ban for you can only shake your head.

Sod the FA Cup anyway
  • Options
    Darren Purses name was on Soccer Am punchbag scoreboard thing they had on there the other week. I was banging on and on about him saying why on earth they had him on there - bla bla bla. Tavern asked me why i was going on about him... i then realised i had him mixed up with Darren Pitcher.
  • Options
    That is shocking where is the frivolous appeal and extra ban.

how can the English Fa stand for this
  • Options
    The Welsh FA have done this before to help Swansea out, so I'm not surprised. The bigger issue is the 2 Welsh clubs and there odd relationship with the FAW, and how they will always get let off on these issues.
  • Options
    Can the English FA stand in and overrule it?
  • Options
    Nope, no power over the Welsh clubs who play in England on discipline issues.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Nope, no power over the Welsh clubs who play in England on discipline issues.
    That is so gash.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Madness
  • Options
    ridiculous.
    so the english fa basically have no authority on who plays for cardiff/swansea, yet when jermaine darlington went from cardiff to afc wimbledon, afc got kicked out of competitions, deducted points and fined because he did not have 'international clearance'.
  • Options
    Havent seen it but I assume the Purse sending off involved a bit of handbags after.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Equaliser[/cite]Havent seen it but I assume the Purse sending off involved a bit of handbags after.

Yes....a Mulberry and a Louis Vuitton...
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: The Equaliser[/cite]Havent seen it but I assume the Purse sending off involved a bit of handbags after.

let's just say Trevor Sinclair had to stop Andy Cole wanting words in the tunnel.

Mind you wouldn't fancy Cole's chances Purse is a bit of a boy.
  • Options
    slightly related (or not)
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/the-english-village-that-would-rather-be-welsh-815422.html