Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leaflet Rage ?

So far i have received through my door, the following leaflets:

1) from Boris.
1) from Padock
1) from Green
1) BNP
1) Eng Nat

from Red Ken The Bombers friend
1) Letter from the labour Party asking me to vote for the muppet.
1) Letter from The Mayor asking me to vote for him (lucky me)
1) Letter from local Labour MP asking me to vote for Red Ken
4) leaflets through the door from Ren Ken
3) Leaflets handed out to me at Blackheath station to vote for Red Ken
1) Atempted leaflet handed to me today at Old St station to vote for Red Ken.

wheres the money coming from ? i mean if i had been 50/50 i think this over kill would make me vote the other way anyway !

Watch out for "Leaflet rage hits Blackheath station" on the local news tonite.

Comments

• Options
    I have only had one which was a breakdown of all 10 which was interesting read
  • Options
    The thing that was useful was from Greenwich Council explaining how to vote. Seems hell of alot more involved than i remember last time we voted for the twat opps sorry Mayor.
  • Options
    Boris to win :D
  • Options
    mate i know we shouldnt comment on who or why but i think its a sick joke on ALL Londoners when we will have either a scum bag or a buffoon as the next mayor of one of the Worlds greatest citys.

If the Tories could only find someone like Boris to stand either thay are in huge trouble or they dont care 1 Probably both. Someone half desent would walk it against RedKen.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]wheres the money coming from ? i mean if i had been 50/50 i think this over kill would make me vote the other way anyway !

It all comes from donations.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]mate i know we shouldnt comment on who or why but i think its a sick joke on ALL Londoners when we will have either a scum bag or a buffoon as the next mayor of one of the Worlds greatest citys.

If the Tories could only find someone like Boris to stand either thay are in huge trouble or they dont care 1 Probably both. Someone half desent would walk it against RedKen.

you gonna go for it next time then?
  • Options
    Thanks Suzziiiiiiiiiiiii

"vote for GH the voice of reason !"

no puting a T in that line !!
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]mate i know we shouldnt comment on who or why but i think its a sick joke on ALL Londoners when we will have either a scum bag or a buffoon as the next mayor of one of the Worlds greatest citys.

It is not a joke on the people who want one of them to be Mayor. I do and don't see it as any sort of joke. There's a wide range of other candidates to vote for (and a lot of people think Paddick is a decent guy) - granted they won't win this time but if you help the vote of a candidate this time, then it helps their standing, and thus electability, for the next election.
  • Options
    I see it as a joke thats why i said it. I didnt say dont vote for either or indeed any of the others.

The fact you dont see it as a joke is our opinion and thats all. same as mine.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    You must vote for the party that you are truely interested in. If its a minor party i.e other than the main two parties that you are interested in voting you must vote for that party !! Dont take the attitude of they will never win. They will never win if you dont vote for them. This means the two major parties get away with murder.
    By the way blantant plug here vote UKIP !!! Gerard Batten for mayor !!! Soz
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]You must vote for the party that you are truely interested in. If its a minor party i.e other than the main two parties that you are interested in voting you must vote for that party !! Dont take the attitude of they will never win.
    Agreed with you up to that point! Plus in the mayoral election there is the alternative vote you can use for one of the main two candidates - which means you can have your voting cake and eat it .... I'll be putting Siân Berry down for my first vote.
  • Options
    Well done Salad for voting for who you want. i.e a minor party even though its green ;-)
  • Options
    i screwed up in the mayor vote.. sounded all perfectly simple then i went and put two fecking crosses in the first choice column. what a div... had to ask for another which sent them into a right pickle!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]i screwed up in the mayor vote.. sounded all perfectly simple then i went and put two fecking crosses in the first choice column. what a div... had to ask for another which sent them into a right pickle!
    Ben Hayes will end up as mayor with this amount of spoilt ballots
  • Options
    The way the list works means literally no vote is a wasted vote, even if it is for a smaller party.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]The way the list works means literally no vote is a wasted vote, even if it is for a smaller party.[/quote]

Yep, but even with the STV the big parties still get elected.
  • Options
    STV sounds nasty ! is it a special clinic job
  • Options
    I had one from the Saffron Lounge in Northfleet, does that count?
  • Options
    Just voted - absolutely no-one else around.

Hope that's not the general trend or is London again not bothering to vote?

As far as I recall, turnout at the last 2 mayoral elections was only in the mid-30 percent range.
  • Options
    problem is for a job of this magnitude, you need to find someone with charisma, from a major party who isnt dishonest powergrabbing or a bufoon, so its no wonder they are struggling.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To run a city like London you need to be a bit of an authoritative ballsy style, but not a **** in t**ts clothing
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Just voted - absolutely no-one else around.

Hope that's not the general trend or is London again not bothering to vote?

As far as I recall, turnout at the last 2 mayoral elections was only in the mid-30 percent range.

quite busy at my Polling station 5 mins ago. Had to wait to get my many voting papers.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]To run a city like London you need to be a bit of an authoritative ballsy style, but not a **** in t**ts clothing

I agree, I dont know how Kens got away with it for so long
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]To run a city like London you need to be a bit of an authoritative ballsy style, but not a **** in t**ts clothing

I agree, I dont know how Kens got away with it for so long

Was going to say like Ken, the idea of Chelsea winning the Champions League and Boris being mayor will top a shit week
  • Options
    Vote BORIS

we would then have bendy buses made out of blamange, everyone would have to grow their hair long and dye it blonde, he would then patio the Thames and give everyone a sinclair C5.....great, oh and free ice creams to school kids and every third Wednesday would be a national holiday, except for Newham & Tower Hamlets
  • Options
    just been and voted let's hope mine counts
  • Options
    Why wouldn't it count?! We're not Zimbabwe...
  • Options
    every vote will count in this election - it's going to be very very close!!
  • Options
    I can't believe it's going to be either Ken or Borris, what a joke. I'm voting for Paddick as I've been a fan of his since he was the head of Lambeth police, but he's got a lot of shortcomings.

*St Petersberg have just scored, nice!
  • Options

So you didn't vote for Ken???