Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peep Show

New series (5th) starts tonight on C4, 10.30pm.

I love it, every episode of every series has been hilarious. One of those things you either love or don't. Pretty much a blokes programme I reckon.

Comments

• Options
    Cheers for that - I was just about to go out and had forgotten to Sky Plus it

Quality programme
  • Options
    The boys didn't let us down. It was up to the usual standard, hilarious!
  • Options
    Fantastic programme, but to be honest I think The Smoking Room was better.
  • Options
    Last nights! OMG I pissed myself, at Mark's liasion in the stationary cuboard-which you saw, and at Super Hans with young thingy - which you didn't see!

The programme is a one off!
  • Options
    might need to check this out never seen it
  • Options
    'I'm a techno gandhi'

Love it.
  • Options
    What a shame this series has come to an end. Did I really say that I though the Smoking Room was better?

Favourite bit of the series for me was after Mark had shot his load after rubbing against Dobbie in the store room. He's is confronted by Sophie and Jeff on the stairs and claims it's a pee stain on his trousers. As I walks away you hear him thinking, "They think they've won, but I'm the real winner, they think I've pissed myself, they don't know I just came all in my pants!"

The good news is, with Sophie pregnant they set it up perfectly for series six. Can't wait!
  • Options
    I saw last night episode, brilliant. Why do they put it on Friday nights? I've missed most of them! No Sky plus for me!!
  • Options
    It's repeated on Thursdays.
  • Options
    that scene when he keeps the burglar at bay in hes flat,never laughed so much.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Comment from Friday's episode was genius, "Sperm is like lending a friend a fiver, you can't really ask for it back!". Best show on tv
  • Options
    Good news is that Series 6 has already been commissioned by C4.
    As either Mitchell & Webb (I can't remember which) said the other day, "This show could go on for ever" Let's hope so. I love it.
  • Options
    I love the way they left it. With Mark saying, "If Sophie carries on down the path of self-destruction like she is, we'll both end up adopting like a couple of gay dads anyway, so we'll never have to find out who's it is", and they are both left staring and blinking at each other thinking "oh Jesus".
  • Options
    New series starts friday night all sky plused and series linked cant wait..

• Options
    No series of Peep Show has ever been a disappointment, roll on series 6. Seven has already been comissioned by C4.
  • Options
    Love it, cannot wait! gonna have to wait till sat night to watch it as out friday and off to norwich! Well pleased series 7 been commissioned
  • Options
    Got to be Charlton:
  • Options
    Suoer Hans is just a HERO. You know his whole character will change yet again this series.
  • Options
    Getting high on full fat coke.

Nuff said.
  • Options
    "the secret ingredient is CRIME"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Suoer Hans is just a HERO. You know his whole character will change yet again this series.

"This crack cocaine is so morish".

Double good news, the second series of How Not To Live Your Life has just started too.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Suoer Hans is just a HERO. You know his whole character will change yet again this series.

This crack cocaine is so morish"."

Double good news, the second series of How Not To Live Your Life has just started too.
    Came in to post this, Super Hans>you
  • Options
    Have never seen it - but everyone i know seems to like it.
    Should I get dvds of previous series, or can you pick it up as a stand alone series.
    Would there be too many in jokes that I wouldnt get ?
  • Options
    no need, just start watching on Friday - just give it two episodes in case you need tuning to their wavelength
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]Have never seen it - but everyone i know seems to like it.
    Should I get dvds of previous series, or can you pick it up as a stand alone series.
    Would there be too many in jokes that I wouldnt get ?

You can get the first five series as a box set. It's reasonably priced too. Don't bother getting an individual DVD, once you've got one you'll want the lot.
  • Options
    People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis, they can't be trusted!
  • Options
    Oh, so now we're "working" it's not OK for me to smoke my crack?
  • Options
    Peep show one of the best comedy shows on tv no doubt. However anyone seen the new series of that mitchell and webb look? Has to be the most dire 30 mins of sketches in a long time. Just shows up how well wriiten and funny the main writters of peep show are and how poor at writing mitchell and webb actually are. I don't think I've laughed once so far had a mild smirk at the tiny office sketch but that's it, roll on the new series of peep show.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Peep show one of the best comedy shows on tv no doubt. However anyone seen the new series of that mitchell and webb look? Has to be the most dire 30 mins of sketches in a long time. Just shows up how well wriiten and funny the main writters of peep show are and how poor at writing mitchell and webb actually are. I don't think I've laughed once so far had a mild smirk at the tiny office sketch but that's it, roll on the new series of peep show.

I wouldn't write them off as writers, so to speak. Mitchell in particular comes up with some really good stuff at times. The best part of the sketch show is always where they do their 'sitting on set' conversations and the one in series 3 about discussing the running order of the show ("I think it should go hit, miss, hit, hit, miss, hit, miss") was pure genius. But I agree there's a lot of dire stuff in there as well; what's with the 'dogs playing poker' thing?

I recommend the radio show 'Mitchell and Webb sound', which is far far better than the tv show and shows what they can really do.
  • Options
    Agree the radio show is better. But Numberwang takes some beating.