Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I wonder if this will cause us any problems

edited May 2008 in General Charlton
Footballers from outside the EU could be banned from playing for British clubs if they can't prove they can speak English under new Home Office rules. (The Sun)

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2008
    we have zz , Boogie might be one or two others. This already happens in a similar form in Italy. Cant see what speaking English has to do with it anyway ? Most pro footballers speak universal bollox .
  • Options
    No, just more rubbish from the Sun. This was floating around a few months ago as a suggested condition of entry for non-EU workers. Does anyone really believe that Arsenal will be prevented from buying a player from Brazil because his English is bit dodgy or that, if needed, the player won't get a crash course.

ZZ already speaks OK English and so does Magic
  • Options
    No, no, no this will only apply to clubs that are not in the top four of the Premiership.
  • Options
    Pete we all know that the Premiership DOES NOT EXIST outside the top four !
  • Options
    I know the Home Office are bringing in new rules regarding non EU nationals and a new tougher points system but they are in such a mess at the moment i don't think it will matter.
  • Options
    Horse--bolted

its all spin and the speaking english thing is total twaddle of the first order.
  • Options
    The system is already heavily weighted towards the big clubs anyway. If you are trying to get a player in who hasn't played the required number of internationals over the last 2 years, or who's country is outside the top 60(?) then you're going to struggle unless you can prove they are an exceptional talent. The big four can always just say "well he must be exceptional, otherwise we wouldn't be interested" and the home office buy this every time, whilst I think we all know the sorts of problems we've had getting non-eu players in and many other clubs are in the same boat
  • Options
    Its a load of Bolanos
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]No, just more rubbish from the Sun. This was floating around a few months ago as a suggested condition of entry for non-EU workers. Does anyone really believe that Arsenal will be prevented from buying a player from Brazil because his English is bit dodgy or that, if needed, the player won't get a crash course.

ZZ already speaks OK English and so does Magic

I agree, it comes from the same story writers who brought you such compelling tales as

"EU to ban straight banana's" and "EU rules to bring about the end of the British Sausage".

Funnily enough, I have just finished my Walls Sausage breakfast and am just peeling my uncurvy banana.!! (thats not a euphamism by the way..:-))
  • Options
    cucumbers are straight now though. Whats all that about ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It may cause Massive Citeh a prob if they get Big Phil as manager.

What about the FA? Capello hasn't said a word in public yet.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]It may cause Massive Citeh a prob if they get Big Phil as manager.

What about the FA? Capello hasn't said a word in public yet.

Capello comes from an EU country. He's said plenty in public but all in Italiano

Big Phil has lived in the EU for a number of years so won't need a work permit.
  • Options
    Henry, have a day off.
  • Options
    If you can take a corner, you get 10 points.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]If you can take a corner, you get 10 points.

Ambrose will be deported soon then : - )
  • Options
    Think there is more truth to this than most people think.

Papers in Spain have this as one of the main sport headlines. Claiming that now Ronaldinho and Messi have no chance of going to the Premiership. Scolari hasn't got a basic level either, so looks as if Man City have to look for something else.

Apparentaly, the rule will be that you have to have at least "a basic level of English", and it will apply to all jobs.

El Pais

for all the Spanish speakers out there.
  • Options
    Curbs will be deported for failing the English test..:o)
  • Options
    Wouldn't Curbs get the chance to do 2 English tests 'on the spin'?

Or would the result still be: nought, nought?

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Wouldn't Curbs get the chance to do 2 English tests 'on the spin'?

Or would the result still be: nought, nought?

;o)

An English speaker will get the job why not me?:-)
  • Options
    Will only apply to non EU citizens or those without residency can't believe would apply yo Scolari, etc.