Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Another Momentos Occasion - First time you took your child

I will be takng my three three year old son to his first game at the Valley during a day as a father I was dreaming of from the first moment when them words came out "congratulations you have a boy" when,who were we playing and how old was your child when u took them to their first game ?

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2008
    First Charlton game for my oldest two daughters was the Southend 4-3 game (Pardew got the winner) in 93/4 when the East stand was opened.

The youngest's first match was the play off final at Wembley. Her second match was Sittingbourne away the following pre season. the sublime to the ridiculous! She was 7.
  • Options
    3yrs 4 months We beat Chelsea 2 - 1 (Euell 2)
  • Options
    94(ish) 8yr old.
    Away at Watford with freebie tickets from a mate (ex-Watford junior) including entry to players lounge.
    Alan Pardew asked if we had enjoyed the game.
    When told it was wickford junior's first time, Alan took his programme and got all the players to autograph it for him.
    Nice bloke!
  • Options
    First home game in 2000, at home to Forest, 12 weeks old.
  • Options
    This season v Watford lasted 80 mins before he got fed up! Wants to go again though :)
  • Options
    First game for my son was Plymouth 0-0 at Upton park, Shilton debut,he hated it and has hated football ever since, am thinking of disowning him
  • Options
    My son was 3 the last reserve game of the season v West Ham - 2003/04 season

Real game the FA Cup game in 2004/05 I can't remember what rubbish we lost to - Wallsall maybe - it was also the last game my dad went to; he is still alive and kicking (73) but refusing to go !!
  • Options
    Bloody hell.

Took my youngest (5) to his first game on Sunday.

He absolutely LOVED it.

What a total b'stard, didn't want to renew but now. . . .
  • Options
    I'm gutted...My son doesn't like going. And his middle name is Charlton. I blame his mother.
  • Options
    I took him for the first time when he was about 5 or 6 to exeter game in the cup and at halftime he was ready to go home. I said nah there's another half and he got the hump saying I never said we were watching two games. ANyway he loved it because of JJ's overhead kick.

my oldest boy had a season ticket this year but he loved it when we won and hated when we lost, obviously, UNFROTUNATELY we were shit at home and it has soured him don't think he wants a ticket next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    took my eldest son in January aged 4yrs & 4 months - Blackpool (H) won 4-1. Misssed the 4th goal (ZZ) due to him wanting the loo. Taken him 3 times since, home to WBA, Southampton & coventry - 2 1-1 draws and another 4-1 win. He must be a lucky mascot as he hasn't seen us lose yet.

He has his own season ticket by way of my other brother (jimmymelrose) who, as some of you know, is now living in France. didn't want to give up his seat in case he ever came back so I took it over and paid £99 for a junior ticket - thought might as well us it when jimmy 's not in town and so the tradition continues.

mind you - the lad doesn't take much interest - fell asleep towards the first half of the saints match & had to be woken up at half time (no joke !) and when you early leavers bugger off with 10 mins to go he's asking to go too - I have to tell him that is not over yet and wonders why people are going early.......No, I don't understand it either.
  • Options
    My sons first home game was against Arsenal in our last season in the prem.

first away game forest in the cup the other year shite game loved the train journey but had a thing about having a poop in the ground and i spent atleast 20mins in the st johns ambulance first aid room until he had calmed himself down enough to go he was only 5 so all was forgiven.
  • Options
    Can't remember my son's first home game, he will probably be on later and remind me. But his first away game was Old Trafford in the cup, fantastic atmosphere.
  • Options
    Hopefully I will be taking my middle child, the oldest hates football, to the Nancy game and she will be 5 by then.
  • Options
    Chirpy Red juniors first match was V Norwich in the old 1st Div in our Championship winning year.
    We were in a box in the East Stand, nice sunny day. He was only 4. The comment I remember him making was that it was...."A bit loud"!

Have a look at the team below, no wonder we peed the title.

Football League Championship - KO 15:00
    Charlton 1 (0) - 0(0) Norwich
    Rufus 73

on 21-08-1999

Charlton: Kiely ,Brown ,Youds ,Rufus ,Powell ,Newton ,Kinsella ,Stuart ,Robinson ,Hunt (Steve Jones ,60 ) ,Mendonca (Pringle ,86)
    Subs not used: Ilic,Jones,Salako,

Norwich: Marshall ,Sutch ,Mackay ,Fleming ,Fuglestad ,Anselin (Malik Diop ,72 ) ,Mulryne (Marshall ,62 ) ,de Blasiis ,Llewellyn (Coote ,77 ) ,Roberts ,Dalglish
    Subs not used Green,Carey,

Bookings: Dalglish ,Roberts (Norwich)

Attendance: 19623

Referee: D J Gallagher (Oxfordshire)
    ******************************************************************************************
    Jnr Jnr's first was the FA Cup game V Dagenham & Redbridge. My favourite quote from him was "Which one's Dagenham and which one's Redbridge?" Bless!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]First home game in 2000, at home to Forest, 12 weeks old.

irresponsible IMO
  • Options
    My sons first game at the Valley was an England U21 game, sad to say I cannot recall the year, must have been 96/97, and then started taking him regularly when he was about 6, he was showing Man U tendencies so something had to be done....
  • Options
    My daughter had her first season ticket aged 4 months but that was because I wanted to keep the seat.

I think I first went when I was 4, bored as hell for the first 2 years.
  • Options
    I took my son to a welling pre-season a few years ago when he was 3.
    he was more interested in trying to climb over the hoardings to get onto the pitch as he wanted the football!
  • Options
    took my son to his first game last season. It was the Villa game we won 2-1 with a late goal. To be honest is is getting more into it now, but he still is not that bothered about the game. The villa game I spent a lot of the second half watching it on the tv screens down behind the stand giving him a shoulder carry up and down the concourse, much to the amusement of the stewards.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DA9DA9
    edited May 2008
    Happy to say when we beat Palarse 2-1 at the Valley, Boxing Day 1999, he'll always thanks me for that, he was 4