Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

QPR part company with manager

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]According to Sky Sports news Dowies got a chance. Are they mad ?

Spend, Spend, Spend.
  • Options
    Hear Djimi's on a free?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Hear Djimi's on a fee?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    A foreign manager just won't have the experience of how to play teams like Blackpool and Barnsley away.

Does it really make much difference though? I mean, we've got an English manager with experience in this league..yet we still got stuffed at both of those grounds :-)
  • Options
    I tipped this a while ago that DiCanio would not last there, although I did not think it would be this quick.

They SHOULD go for a proven local manager who has got out of this league before (Warnock, Curbs, Pardew....) but will obviously bring in some foreign twat with no idea at all about this league.

We underestimated this league badly and I think their owners are too.
  • Options
    I can see nothing but a disaster occuring from this
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I can see nothing but a disaster occuring from this

no disrespect to qpr but i really hope they have a mare but fear they wont;-(
  • Options
    I thought I read somewhere that De Canio's family refused to move from Italy to England, and he was unhappy being separated from them.

Maybe that's why his situation became unworkable?
    And nothing to do with performance/results.
  • Options
    The thing is that you really do need a certain type of manager to get you out of this division. You really can't just buy success in this league because the best players won't come down to this level or will be snapped up by the Premiership strugglers.
    As a result, the manager MUST know the CCC and Divs 1 & 2 like the back of his hand in order to bring in the players that you need to succeed at this level.
    If QPR are going to spend the sort of money that has been rumored (and I am skeptical about the whole thing) then they might need to bring in a Warnock like figure to get them up and then bring in someone else to take them to the next level.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite] IHere Oggster they said it on talk sport this afternoon

Henners they reckon Mutual consent as Di canios family wouldnt move from Italy

QPR will not stil be in the chumpionship next season if they are how long b4 the billionares up and leave.

QPR may be the richest club in the world but they have a very small ground so they would be looking for the TV money from sky one thing you can bet is they will get who ever they want player wise and manager wise heres hoping its Dowie
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When he was appointed QPR were in real danger of relegation and I suspect that de Canio was brought in to save QPR from the drop, which he did, and back to Italy he goes saying mission accomplished, deciding that he and his family would rather live there than move full time to the UK.
  • Options
    Dowie is strongly tipped to take over
  • Options
    'Dowie is strongly tipped to take over '

Why appoint a man who has failed. Other than when Andy Johnson got Palace up via the play offs not Dowie.
  • Options
    Dont shot the messenger Pete,apparently the players at QPR were not happy with DI Canio and his training methods,Dowie is seen as an ideal replacement as he has worked in the league.
  • Options
    Its between Zidane and Dowie !!

You couldn't make it up. Watch QPR turn into a real life version of Dream Team in the next couple of years....
  • Options
    Ecclestone has denied the Zidane story.
  • Options
    It must be Dowie then. He he he !
  • Options
    I can see him putting together his presentation now.

If it was 'Advancing the Addicks' with us, what will it be with them ?

Up the R's ?
  • Options
    Up the Shit R's more like.
  • Options
    Paul Ince is being linked now!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]Paul Ince is being linked now!

Paul Ince will be linked with every job going at the mo....
  • Options
    * AFKABartram
    * CommentTime28 minutes ago
    I can see him putting together his presentation now.

If it was 'Advancing the Addicks' with us, what will it be with them ?

Up the R's ?

Ha ha! lol

Dowie leads them to promoton or you could say, Dowie takes up the R's....(!)
  • Options
    Flavio Briatore has to be one of the strangest looking blokes involved in football. More fake tan than Jordan
  • Options
    Who's that bloke with the pink/white scarf sitting to his right? Didn't he used to be a football manager of some sort? Question re: new manager apparently answered?? :-)
  • Options
    Who's that big ugly bloke next to him, the one that looks like his just eaten tripe & onions....?

;o)
  • Options
    that pic has to of been doctored, surely ?

he can't really be that colour !!
  • Options
    Flav is normally pretty tanned - and as an Italian will go quite dark naturally
  • Options
    I saw he was sitting next to Al Fayed at the Fulham game last weekend, what was all that about, think we might have something to say if our Chairman was sitting with Jordan at Sh*thurst! Perhaps thery're gonna merge and become the Ful R's?
  • Options
    I'm sure that's the bloke from my local post office next to Allardyce.

Nice chap, he's called Raj and he's orginally from the Punjab.
  • Options
    Thank you, Come again