Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Moutaouakil set for Les Bleus bow

edited May 2008 in General Charlton
Anyone see this on Teamtalk site:

"Charlton youngster Yassin Moutaouakil has been called up by France to represent them in the Toulon Tournament at the end of the month.

The 21-year-old right-back will be in line to face Chile on May 20 before further group games against Japan and Holland.

Moutaouakil joins Liverpool midfielder Damien Plessis as the only English-based players to be called into the French squad.

Another Addicks rookie, 18-year-old striker Danny Uchechi, has been called up by Nigeria for the Intercontinental Under-23 Championship in Malaysia later this month. "

If this is true, great experience for Moo2.

Also, Danny Unpronouncable, gets recognition for Nigeria.
All good stuff.

Comments

• Options
    I believe Yassin is a big talent. Shame Pardew won't play him, hopefully next year.

I remember when we signed him Lazio, Barcelona were looking at him.
  • Options
    Lets hope Pards takes notice and revises his theory that we need players with lots of experience. Seems to me our best players are the ones with the least experience. Give me the energy and passion of the youngsters any day.Give them some games and let them get their experience with us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BexleyRed[/cite]Lets hope Pards takes notice and revises his theory that we need players with lots of experience. Seems to me our best players are the ones with the least experience. Give me the energy and passion of the youngsters any day.Give them some games and let them get their experience with us.

I am sure someone once said you won't win anything with kids!!!

The key is to blend kids with experience, its not really a case of either or. I'd like to see a couplke of experienced championship players come in to add steel to the team and supplement the guidance that Holland gives to the youngsters on the pitch, as he plays less of a role in the 1st team.
  • Options
    I certainly hope that after making this squad that Moo2 doesn`t think "feck kicking around in Charlton ressies, I wan`t away " Will be plenty of takers no doubt. Play him for gawd sake Pards.
  • Options
    Moo2 and Youga as starting full backs would make a big statement by Pardew.
  • Options
    We looked good - and they looked good attacking, when they played together in the same line up earlier in the season
  • Options
    Why does the OS never give us this news first?

Oh, they did about five days ago : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SantaClaus[/cite]Moo2 and Youga as starting full backs would make a big statement by Pardew.

Agree, they will make mistakes but stick with them as they will only get better by playing and their pace and skills will terrify a lot of sides.
  • Options
    teach him how to defend and head the ball and that will be a start