Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Magic going to Real Betis or Wigan? £1.5m turned down?

edited May 2008 in Rumours
http://www.addickted.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=12021&st=0

Slowly getting their 12 million back arnt they ?

Comments

• Options
    How much

Cant read french
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Gabbidon, West Ham in to replace him? Curbs dont like him.

Team for next season ;-)

Weaver
    Connelly, Gabbidon, Rock..... Hudson, Youga
    Basey (Holding Midfielder)
    Bowyer/Shelvey, ZZ, Ambrose/Another
    Gray, Varney/Another

Job done Promotion guareented easy this football.
  • Options
    Crikey, i'm going out to Seville next year and am planning on getting a Betis membership cos of their mental fans and being the City underdogs...

and i've STILL got to fork out for watching Bougherra!

How's your luck?!

(in all honesty... i hope he stays unless we get £3m+ which we can use to put in the kitty if as i think we need to sell to buy)
  • Options
    If we do get good money and if we spend ALL of it. Then I think I would sell.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Gabbidon, West Ham in to replace him? Curbs dont like him.

Team for next season ;-)

Weaver
    Gray, Varney/Another

Great, just phone up the Championship, tell them not to bother - season over - luvly jubbly..:-)
  • Options
    so another new team which will take time to settle. wont work

need just one or two new ones (central mid and centre back) and off load about ten so that pardew has less choice
  • Options
    Dont think Pards has a choice. Murray has told him thathe must go with a smaller squad.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]http://www.addickted.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=12021&st=0

Slowly getting their 12 million back arnt they ?

Please enlighten us how? One tatty rumour on a even more tatty website and that means it's a done deal and the money is going straight into the directors pockets.

Think about it Pete. If you want to get your personal investment back then you don't put £14.5m in to the club a few months ago and then sell the players. You just sell the players.
  • Options
    a bid doesn't mean a sale every time

Would like to see how he links up with Hudson
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]a bid doesn't mean a sale every time

Would like to see how he links up with Hudson

A story on a wesbite doesn't even mean a bid.

This might shock some of you youngsters but the internet is sometimes a source of false stories. Sorry to disillusion you all but Wikipedia is not the fountain of all wisdom and websites occasionally/frequently just make stuff up (except Charlton Life of course)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not saying it is going into their pockets clearly getting their money back on poor players purchased by their managers plural.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Not saying it is going into their pockets clearly getting their money back on poor players purchased by their managers plural.

Clearly? not really. Not even confirmed that they have made a bid.
  • Options
    Granted Henry but if he is on a lot of or resonable wonga as he was signed as a premiership player and a decent bid comes in he will go.
  • Options
    Roughly translated the story is:

Charlton's Algerian International central defender, Madjid Bougherra, could join Betis Seville the next season. The Sévillan Club have already started transfer discussions over the former Gueugnon player. After three seasons and half years with Gueugnon, Madjid Bougherra left France for England. Currently at Charlton he is under contract for two more years after being bought for £2.5 million two years ago. The Algerian also interests several other English clubs, but the Spanish club Betis is already ready to accomodate 25 year old international Algerian and has made him a priority. Discussions have begun with the player who made nearly 30 appearances this season in the shirt of Charlton.

Where is Jim Melrose when you need him?
  • Options
    Quite possible IF a decent bid come in but lets not assume that it has or even will.

Don't think he is a poor player either but he needs a dominant centre half to play off. Not sure if that is Hudson or if we are even after him.

When I see Hudson on the Valley pitch holding a Charlton scarf over his head then I'll believe we've signed him. Ditto Magic at Betis. Until then it is all just speculation.
  • Options
    Pardew it seems is under orders to trim the squad down and I think his hands will be somewhat tied if the right money comes in for pretty much any of the players in the squad. If Betis do sign Bougherra then looking at it positively it might mean that Varney or one of the other players doesn't have to be sold, or vice-versa.

As always if he does go, I hope it's for good money and it could be a case of how we spend the money/what standard his replacement is.

But until then a rumour, is just that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Gabbidon, West Ham in to replace him? Curbs dont like him.

Team for next season ;-)

Weaver
    Gray, Varney/Another

Can't see us affording Bowyers wages
  • Options
    What about Fotheringham and Fleetwood. Been linked with them as well.

Weaver

Moo2 Magig Hudson Youga

Wagstaff Fotheringham ZZ Basey

Gray Varney

Elliot, Monteiro, Shelvey, Iwelumo, Fleetwood
  • Options
    why don't we just sell bouggy right late on, like we did with diawara, then there's an excuse readily available if we have a poor start
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]why don't we just sell bouggy right late on, like we did with diawara, then there's an excuse readily available if we have a poor start

Of course it happened just like that didnt it.................Jeez
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What's Real Betis' away support like? ;-)
  • Options
    Quick-draw Dan rules this town!
  • Options
    "Bougherra has three years left on his current contract at The Valley and is more than happy with life in South London.

The talented centre-back is now set for talks with Charlton, who could very well look to hand him an improved contract in a bid to keep him. "

three years left and charlton may offer improved terms to keep him! if they want to keep him thhey already have him on a contract. someone has to take a stand!
  • Options
    I think the last sentence tells you exactly how much credence to give to this story.
  • Options
    yep like we can afford to give anyone a improved contract.
  • Options
    We paid 2m for him, he's got 3 years left on his contract so for 1.5m he's going absolutely nowhere.
    Would've thought the 'reported' offer would need to be doubled before we'd consider selling.
  • Options
    Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but the SLP website is also reporting that he could be on his way - and they do seem to have a bit more of the inside track than most.

MADJID Bougherra could be set for a move away from The Valley - but the Addicks are unlikely to recoup everything they paid for him.

Spanish club Real Betis and Wigan have been linked with the Algerian centre-half in recent days, and the South London Press understands that Bougherra could move within weeks.

Charlton are thought to be holding out for about £2million for the 25-year-old, who only moved to The Valley 18 months ago from Sheffield Wednesday for £2.5million.
  • Options
    He must be on quite good dosh as we were competiting with Everton for his signature. Since the board is cutting back on wages probarbly could get two players on Magic's wages.