Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chinese Are comming

edited May 2008 in Rumours
My old man was at work the other day when a party of Charlton officials were touring buckingham palace. My dad asked one of them what was going on with Lanera as the valley is still drapped in there logo's apparently our new club sponser could be an asian business either beer or computers,they said they are really looking to step up our profile in China with maybe even one day a bid from someone over there. Im not sure i would like this to happen but bucket loads of cash and some prawn toast at half time would go down a treat. Joma might be going old school on the strip for next year think the away shirt could mirror the white one from the 60's and 70's from what ive heard. Player wise dont expect to many departures apart from Bent and Faye there will only be 2 or 3 at most Jerome will be staying as will ZZ and ambrose. sodje wont be signed Halford if under 1.5 milion will sign him, Fortune will finally move to stoke in the next week or so. Expect a few free signings and maybe one or two season long loans.

Comments

• Is your dad Prince Phillip?

Therefore, are you Charles?
  • Now crispy chilli beef in the midst of January/February at half time would be wonderful.
  • Cheers WSS, sadly he aint. he works in the museum there making sure no one nicks owt! DA-9 your right some kung pow chicken on nippy tuesday in december would go down a treat, anything would be better than the crap we have at the moment
  • New shirt sponsor = Lenovo locked on FACT.
  • A Thai soup would be better, tom something that has cream in it and dark red, cant remember the name
  • Welcome to the site Adam.

Can't say i agree with too much of your post though to be honest ! Certainly wouldn't surprise me to see a Far East company sponsor next season, but it won't be a beer company.

Not sure you'll be proved correct on the comings and going either, but we shall see !!

Months of gossip and whispers ahead :-)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: DA_9[/cite]A Thai soup would be better, tom something that has cream in it and dark red, cant remember the name[/quote]

Tom Yum?
  • Fingers crossed you're a wind up. Out of our 'crown jewels' of ZZ , Amrose and Thomas i'd be disappointed if all 3 were with us next season. In fact Thomas can piss off without a second thought and if Ambrose recieves a 7 figure offer i'd think that was for the best too. Oh yeah and as for £1.5m for Halford?????? We must be in far better financial position than anyone suspects. As an aside i'll believe Faye is gone for good when he's deported.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA_9[/cite]A Thai soup would be better, tom something that has cream in it and dark red, cant remember the name

Tom Yum?

Sounds right, had it once, beautiful.....anyway, cant see Charlton going for an alcohol sponsor, I would prefer a solid household name business, I mean who had heard of Viglen/Redbus/Lanera before
  • Lenovo is an emerging brand over here in Oz.....cant say that I know much about them though
  • Sponsored links:

• sound about right on what they said

Only concern is Thomas staying
  • We just have such a good record of fecking up companies Sunley, Fads the Woolwich, Viglen, All sports, christ they must be queing round floyd road to sign up with us maybe thats why we have to look outside england! Saw Pardew in john lewis in blue water the other night he was buying a washing machine, anyone else got mundane charlton spotting stories? just thiught of another cracker i once saw colin walsh buying a sandwich in bexleyheath...
  • [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]Lenovo is an emerging brand over here in Oz.....cant say that I know much about them though
    They sponsor the Williams F1 cars too.
  • DA9DA9
    edited May 2008
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]We just have such a good record of fecking up companies Sunley, Fads the Woolwich, Viglen, All sports, christ they must be queing round floyd road to sign up with us maybe thats why we have to look outside england! Saw Pardew in john lewis in blue water the other night he was buying a washing machine, anyone else got mundane charlton spotting stories? just thiught of another cracker i once saw colin walsh buying a sandwich in bexleyheath...

I know Colin, bumped into him at Asda in Greenhithe a few year back, he agreed to do some trophy presentation for me at the Lib club, rang him a few times but due to him having to go to Scotland suddenly it never happened, but still have his mobile and home number, very friendly guy.
    Once chatted to Gavin Peacock in Bluewater, he said to me "who do you support, Chelsea?", "No, Charlton", I said, "oh I played for them too ,", "I know" I said stating the bleeding obvious there Gav me old mucker
  • Altho Peacocks time at charlton is easily forgetable to be honest so he must have to keep reminding himself also, he cracks me up when he presents the z list games on the bbc ala womens cup final, chad vs timbucktoo in the african nations cup. His dad is a legend with the addicks but sadly he aint.
  • Surely Gavin is a Charlton fan?
  • By the crestfallen look on his face on Sunday afternoon when Man Utd scored their second, I'd guess he's Chelsea! Ex-BGS boy though so no excuses for that.
  • It says it all when his first words to me where "Are you Chelsea?", thats where his loyalties obviously lye.
  • Or it could be that is what he is normally most recognised for.

I believe he grew up a Charlton fan, but if you've spent your life in football, through family ties, or through being with a club since 9, then you don't really follow clubs in the same passion that the rest of us do.
  • Tom Yam gung = thai soup with prawn
    Tom Yam Gai = soup with chicken
    Tom Yam moo = soup with pork

Gang gai see kee ow = Green chicken curry
    Gang Nunga masaman = Beef curry with peanuts etc.

Gang = curry

pumkin and you do get curried pumlin in Thailand = fuhk
    so in theory if you want curried pumpkin you should ask for gang fahk !! never had the courage to ask for that though !!

Rice = cow but then so does the word for food and the word for white

PS here endeth the leason.
  • Sponsored links:

• Around the play -off year saw Kinsella with, Mills, Steve Jones at Lakeside Thurrock
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Tom Yam gung = thai soup with prawn
    Tom Yam Gai = soup with chicken
    Tom Yam moo = soup with pork

Gang gai see kee ow = Green chicken curry
    Gang Nunga masaman = Beef curry with peanuts etc.

Gang = curry

pumkin and you do get curried pumlin in Thailand = fuhk
    so in theory if you want curried pumpkin you should ask for gang fahk !! never had the courage to ask for that though !!

Rice = cow but then so does the word for food and the word for white

PS here endeth the leason.

Excellent -thank you
  • Who was it on here who used to stalk Baby Bent ........? lol
  • edited May 2008
    Ollie! (MCS)

(See facebook group!)
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]We just have such a good record of fecking up companies Sunley, Fads the Woolwich, Viglen, All sports, christ they must be queing round floyd road to sign up with us maybe thats why we have to look outside england! Saw Pardew in john lewis in blue water the other night he was buying a washing machine, anyone else got mundane charlton spotting stories? just thiught of another cracker i once saw colin walsh buying a sandwich in bexleyheath...

Not really Fads are still going, Woolwich pulled out and where trading for years before being bought out by Barclays. Viglen got bought by Alan Sugar as did MESH I think. Shows they were good businesses. Sunley didn't go under when they were sponsoring us and I think they are still in business.

all:sport and Llanera - fair dos but the rest we did well by and they did well by us. We got all our money out of Llanera so only got our fingers burnt on all:sports

On Gavin Peacock I've heard him talk very fondly of Charlton and his pride in playing for the club finally.

Spot quiz. What was his last game for us? Hardly forgetable Adam.

Anyway who were these Charlton people going around Buckingham Palace? Mostly likely Steve Waggott's PA looking for decorating tips for the new CEOs office : - )
  • shrewd move getting Llanera to pay up front.

:)
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]shrewd move getting Llanera to pay up front.

:)

Once biten (by all:sports), twice shy (Llanera)
  • that'll be our Mr V no doubt, good on him
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]that'll be our Mr V no doubt, good on him

Well it certainly wasn't the supporters' director. : -)
  • Anyway who were these Charlton people going around Buckingham Palace? Mostly likely Steve Waggott's PA looking for decorating tips for the new CEOs office : - )

With Lord Levy no doubt