Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Todorov

edited May 2008 in General Charlton
Has anyone else noticed that he hasn't been officially released yet? Yes, I realise most contracts run until May or June, but if we were going to let him go (like we have done with Gibbs), surely something would've been said by now.

I've got a feeling that he may stay with us on some kind of "pay as you play" type deal. If his knee is still fcuked, it doesn't cost us anything - if it's healed ok, he can hopefully re-produce some of the performances he put in at the start of the season. He couldn't run much, but he read the game well and put in some great creative passses.

...or have I completely missed the "released" announcement?

Comments

• Options
    Who needs a Berbatov
    We've got a Todorov!!!

Or will we??? :-| Hope we keep him. Might be our Phillips if he stays fit.
  • Options
    Most contracts run until June 30 so will announce it then. I thought he looked the bizzo before his injury so I would be surprised if after 10-12 games we were to release him. Would love to have him fit for the entire campaign. Everyone points to selling Reidy as the turning point of the season but you cannot underestimate how much missing Todorov hurt us.
  • Options
    would love to see him again,but i dont think we will,just coz of budgets not because pards dont rate him
  • Options
    May be obliged to see him through his recuperation then they will make a decision.
  • Options
    As above, we did with Gibbs!!

I don't think pay as you play exists to be honest. I'd like to see him stay but his injury record speaks for itself I'm afraid.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]As above, we did with Gibbs!!

I don't think pay as you play exists to be honest. I'd like to see him stay but his injury record speaks for itself I'm afraid.[/quote]

You are probably right, but Charlton could sign him on a short-term contract, say three months or so. Does anyone know what his current status is - is he in training or expected to start training again anytime soon?

He's still only 29, so it isn't like we're taking a chance on a player who in his mid-30s and has a couple of seasons left anyway.

Светослав Тодоров is his name in cyrillic lettering.
  • Options
    He was meant to have made a very good recovery and was training at the end of the season.

His one year contract runs out at the end of june so I doubt we'll hear before then. WIth Dickson and McLeod injured we only have three forwards (Varney, Gray and Iwelumo) on the books so you'd think we go for a least one more.
  • Options
    Was a huge miss for us last season on a par with Reid, I for one will be hugely dis-appointed if he does not get one more year.
  • Options
    We was great when he played for us. However this is his second cruciate ligament injury; he has now had one in each knee. I don't think he can come back from that, and i think we would be taking a gamble giving him another contract.
  • Options
    Cruciate ligament is a serious injury and not so long ago meant the premature end of a footballers career.

These days it seems a bit different, as players get far superior treatment and most if not all players are able to resume their career.

Once fully recovered, I don't believe the injury becomes a weakness or 'war wound' or leaves the player especially vulnerable in any way. Whether they lose mobility or pace, I'm not sure - Todorov himself was able to resume playing after recovering before.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    depends on the injury to be honest, agree they get better treatment than us mere mortals but I very much doubt the knee will ever be 100%, particularly cartilage which you can't 'replace'
  • Options
    we brought in gray to 'replace' toddy, so i don't know tbh. would like to see him stay, but i'd rather have gray and varney forge a partnership
  • Options
    although he did recover last time, it took him about 2 years to start playing properly again, i hope this is not the case this time round.