Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Relief

edited May 2008 in General Charlton
I have to confess I am glad we did not get promoted, we are nowhere near ready and would have been near certs to be relegated. I also happen to be confident that we have a good manager (despite a disappointing season from him) and a good new squad of young players, some brought in by Pards and an extremely promising bunch coming through the ranks - they will all benefit from being in the Championship for another season rather than the Premier League.

The relief of course is that we will be playing Palace again next season, this time those six points may prove invaluable to us :-)
And the last thing we want is them getting a massive financial boost from a season in the PL.

A pity West Ham didn't get their just deserts this season though.

Comments

• Options
    another year paying rent dont see Colin having much money next year.Bostock money to pay some debts
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]I have to confess I am glad we did not get promoted, we are nowhere near ready and would have been near certs to be relegated. I also happen to be confident that we have a good manager (despite a disappointing season from him) and a good new squad of young players, some brought in by Pards and an extremely promising bunch coming through the ranks - they will all benefit from being in the Championship for another season rather than the Premier League.

The relief of course is that we will be playing Palace again next season, this time those six points may prove invaluable to us :-)
    And the last thing we want is them getting a massive financial boost from a season in the PL.

A pity West Ham didn't get their just deserts this season though.

Sadly no Championship team will ever be ready and will always be favourite to be relegated, well as long as gulf exists, we just have to take the opportunity if and when it comes and pray for the future season