Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mark Hudson

IF, as has been rumoured, we are set to sign him I thought that he looked pretty decent tonight. Solid, no-nonsense, a defender first footballer second. I for one would be quite happy if he signed for us.

Also, why did we have more Police round the pitch against Coventry than Brissle City did tonight? At one stage I thought that if they ran on with a couple of minutes to go then the game could have been in danger of not finishing. Bad planning by someone in my opinion.

Comments

• Options
    **BUMP** - surprised no-one has added their thoughts. Has anyone got any ?
  • Options
    Still not sure about him. Has he got any pace?

Will wait and see
    a. if we sign him
    b. see him play
  • Options
    My teary-eyed stripey friend really doesn't rate him, and said he would be pleased if he come to us.
  • Options
    Slow but solid sort of player, but doesn't McCarthy already offer that?
  • Options
    I thought he looked pretty usefull last night to be honest, if he is on a free then worth a punt, bit like Coyne at colchester no nonsense type player, would be a good replacement for fourtune. loved the game last night i think they could hear the cheering from my gaff in northumberland heath down at ashton gate. fair do's to Warnock as well as much i cant stand the geezer he was humble in defeat for once and got a good response from the bristol fans after the abuse he rightly deserved during the match, didnt see the tango man adding his thoughts aswell. Roll on next term!!
  • Options
    was paying more attention to him last night and thought he had a pretty solid 7/10 game. He does strike me as being similar to McCarthy in attributes, i.e whole hearted,gives everything but bit slow.

if he was on a free though i think he'd be worth having.
  • Options
    Wasn't he their captain last night?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Wasn't he their captain last night?

yes
  • Options
    cap'n all season, played every game, only two yellows so no disciplinary probs, at heart of best defence in Championship, on a free, all in all must be worth it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]cap'n all season, played every game, only two yellows so no disciplinary probs, at heart of best defence in Championship, on a free, all in all must be worth it.

What, are you his agent or something? : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd rather keep Jonny Fortune myself...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I'd rather keep Jonny Fortune myself...

You'd also rather of kept Kish, who has been voted one of Leicester's worst ever players.....

I sense a strong sense of loyalty runs through you Mr Glover...... :-)
  • Options
    maybe if they had played Kish they would have stayed up.

And I like Jon Fortune as well but if he leaves and Hudson come then so be it.
  • Options
    regarding the police issue i think they didn't want a pitch invasion from the coventry fans when they stayed up
  • Options
    As you say he is a solid player, but on the Palace sites, it is also been pointed out that he was directly responsible for both of Bristol's goals last night, so maybe he has agreed to join you already.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]As you say he is a solid player, but on the Palace sites, it is also been pointed out that he was directly responsible for both of Bristol's goals last night, so maybe he has agreed to join you already.

Harsh, the keepers flappy hand was more at fault for the first, the second a great strike
  • Options
    True, but the 1st came from a freekick awarded against Hudson for a handball, and the second Trundle anticipated where the ball would be, and Hudson let him go, admittadly it was a good goal, but Speroni was unsighted till late, and still got a hand to it, if he had a clear view I feel he would have saved it.

All in all, all four of Bristol's goals were good ones, and that was the main difference between the teams, for all of Bristols good football, they didn't create many goal scoring chances.
  • Options
    I thought he was OK but no more than that.

Thought Sinclair showed his Valley form ie:shyte.

There's no way Bristol City should've finished higher than us. Very average.
  • Options
    Bristol City have an average defence and average forward line.

But their midfield is superb at Championship level - and a big reason why they are at Wembley.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]
    There's no way Bristol City should've finished higher than us. Very average.

Whereas we were simply outstanding all season long!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]cap'n all season, played every game, only two yellows so no disciplinary probs, at heart of best defence in Championship, on a free, all in all must be worth it.

What, are you his agent or something? : - )

no, all I'm trying to point out is that he is one of the best in the Championship and we won't be getting any better. If some people think he isn't good enough then I've got news for them - we can't afford Terry or Ferdinand.
  • Options
    Anyone know if we have signed Hudson then - I've heard a few rumours in different places now, no smoke without fire and all that...?
  • Options
    accordimg to a local paper yesterday he was having further contract talks with Palace although they are a way apart in agreeing wages. I think we'd pay him more but it's a case of wait and see.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

no, all I'm trying to point out is that he is one of the best in the Championship and we won't be getting any better. If some people think he isn't good enough then I've got news for them - we can't afford Terry .

Maybe not John
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I'd rather keep Jonny Fortune myself...

I'd rather play myself that have that clown on the pitch.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Bit harsh Stu, not a fan of Fortune, but he's not a clown, just lacks concentration
  • Options
    It's not just his concentration though, his amazing ability to point at something probably screaming 'you do it, you do it' rather than managing himselfl, always brings a smile to my face.

Saying that, he did send palace down.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Bit harsh Stu, not a fan of Fortune, but he's not a clown, just lacks concentration

And I believe clowns have to concentrate quite a lot.

Or is that trapeze artists?
  • Options
    ask Izale he's the expert
  • Options
    I'd rather try and get Ben Watson. Hudson didn't look more than ordinary to me.