Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Over all..........

I am very proud of the way the lads gave it a good go last night. When Warnock came in we were on a one way trip to league one, and we finished up going for promotion.

This season has in the end been a very good one, we have started to move forward. And I'm hopeful that once warnock has had a pre-season and a transfer window, that we can build on this.

Credit to Bristol City, they scored 4 excellent goals and I hope they come through the play-offs and make it in to the prem.

Bring on next season!

Comments

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited May 2008
    Well done for coming on sos - very impressive.

But...

...ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

;-)

But lets make no bones about it, you have had a better season than us, spent less money and got a good "team" - hopefully we can reverse the roles next year. I'd be quite happy to lose twice to you next year and go up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]

Bring on next season!

and another 6 points for Charlton
  • Options
    Very pleased that the 6 point banker is still in the Championship.
  • Options
    Thanks for the 6 points next season SoS! ;-)

Thought it was a decent game to watch last night.
  • Options
    You do make some very fair & honest points but can I just say this........................................

PMSL, LOL.... HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

PS,...some of your fans looked like they were on day release last night.
  • Options
    Enjoy your 6 points for this season chaps.

The fact remains under warnock we have gone forward and under Pardew you have gone backwards.

I'm already looking forward to seeing you all again next season.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    not for you guys next year , i can see a massive playoff hangover for you guys next season with a few youngster off as well.
  • Options
    Over all...I'm Glad
  • Options
    me 2
  • Options
    I'm also glad it's all over! Not sure that you will do better next season like most of your fans reckon. I personally would give ourself's better odds at getting promotion.

How good was the crying Palace kid? :D
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Totally agree, we know where we have gone wrong and will amend, Palace are at the top of the run, the only way is down for them now.
  • Options
    Fair play to you SoS for coming on here after that......

See you next season- missed our derbies...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: roseandcrown[/cite]not for you guys next year , i can see a massive playoff hangover for you guys next season with a few youngster off as well.

Yep. Bostock is off to Spurs - let's see just how good a businessman the Orange to$$er actually is, after all we got £16.5 million for Benty.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]Enjoy your 6 points for this season chaps.

The fact remains under warnock we have gone forward and under Pardew you have gone backwards.

I'm already looking forward to seeing you all again next season.

Morning SOS, always good to hear from you.

We've certainly fallen from the heights of the last decade, all of which was spent in the premiership or in a promotion season.

But have Palace really gone forward? Warnock has improved on Taylor (not hard when you start from such a low point) but aren't Palace where they were when Dowie "left" (for losing a play-off semi)?

If anything they are worse off as post Dowie there was still another year of parachute payments. The financial position at The Kemsley Arena is murky but doesn't seem too great. The ground is still on a lease (longer but presumably dearer) and crowds have fallen.

One good half season does not a revival make, as Dowie showed when he took you up and then, as traditional insists, straight back down.

Now you could say that this is what awaits Charlton in the future if we don't go up next season. We shall see.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]

I'm already looking forward to seeing you all again next season.[/quote]

Under Warnock I wouldn't say that you've improved, perhaps instead realised some of your club's potential - players like Soares, Watson etc are undoubtedly very talented and Warnock got the club playing and ground out a few results. Has he taken the club forward though?

Charlton have fallen, but have re-grouped and are in a better shape off the park than Palace are. Hopefully this last season of ours will be the step back before we take a stride or two forwards. I may be biased (well I am) but I'd rather be where Charlton are right now than where Palace are. Palace not getting promoted means that one or two of those kids will go and you have to hope that Jordan will release the majority of the funds to buy and develop the squad. It all depends what debts they have and I suspect, as with Charlton, what players you can get on loan next year.
  • Options
    The thing your run and season has done has highlighted to a wider audience the talent of your kids, they have been hyped up and they may well believe their own hype which could see them leaving - seeing as you missing out on the PO's.
  • Options
    Henry at the start of the season you with no degree of doubt you told me that in terms of this division when it came to squads "charlton were in the top two" and when it came to the best eleven players "charlton were in the top one", based on that you have gone backwards and even with Andy Reid, you were hardly setting the world a light and we all know what happened when he left.

What ever has happened under previous managers at Palace is not Warnocks concern, all he can do is effect the time he is here and he has positivley done that.........can you say the same of Pardew?

I'm looking forward to us competeing again next season, I'm not saying we will go up...but i do believe we will be very competitive, and that's all I can ask for.
  • Options
    SoS / Budgie, any idea why Moses was dropped for last night ?

From what i have seen of late he has been your best player
  • Options
    He was too busy parting the sea
  • Options
    Sadly not the red bristol sea.

AFKA...to be honest he did not have a great game against city at SP and lastnight we needed to have someone who could play through the middle to support Morrison and scannell is better at that than moses (at the moment), when it comes to unsettling very big centre backs.

It's going to be an interesting summer, i can see us losing maybe bostock/watson but if they go we will replace them.

It's quite interesting already reading this thread that quite a few of you are expecting CAFC to go up next season and seem to see parachute payments as key to this.....Stoke city,Hull City, Bristol City, have not needed them and neither did Derby.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SOS mate do you know there are Palace boards ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]Henry at the start of the season you with no degree of doubt you told me that in terms of this division when it came to squads "charlton were in the top two" and when it came to the best eleven players "charlton were in the top one", based on that you have gone backwards and even with Andy Reid, you were hardly setting the world a light and we all know what happened when he left.

What ever has happened under previous managers at Palace is not Warnocks concern, all he can do is effect the time he is here and he has positivley done that.........can you say the same of Pardew?

I'm looking forward to us competeing again next season, I'm not saying we will go up...but i do believe we will be very competitive, and that's all I can ask for.

Valid points but only if look at the vary narrow time frames of the current managers.

In the medium term I still don't see how Palace have moved forward. Two seasons ago losing a play off semi was a sacking offence, now it is a cause of celebration. That seems, IMHO, that expectations have dropped considerably in that time.
  • Options
    Of course they've moved forward. They've gone from looking at falling into Div 3, to challenging for a spot in Div 1. Plus the young players they have introduced look a lot better than the ones they already had.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]The fact remains under warnock we have gone forward and under Pardew you have gone backwards

I personally think Palace will struggle next season.

No more money coming in, their better players having to be sold of to supplement the falling gates or being cherry picked by the promoted sides or bottom half PL teams (Watson to Boro?), the likes of Bostock going to Spurs for little or nothing....Not pretty
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Of course they've moved forward. They've gone from looking at falling into Div 3, to challenging for a spot in Div 1. Plus the young players they have introduced look a lot better than the ones they already had.

This season yes but in the medium term no.

And they didn't go up or down so are still in the same place status wise while the infrastructure and finance has got worse. Warnock did well to make a virtue out of a neccesity when he played the kids but, as we know with our own youngsters, you can not always rely on them to perform well for a whole season.

BTW From report Sinclair was poor last night and in the home leg. Can't play in front of big crowd like we get every week and Palace get once a year ; - )
  • Options
    Exactly Henry. Every year there seems to be an unfancied team that flirts with promotion, who are then expected to push on the next season, but never do and quickly slip back into mediocrity.

I think the writing is on the wall for Palace, whilst SJ is at the helm, and wouldnt say that their future is that bright....It is however pretty Orange ;-)
  • Options
    Watched both of the Palace play off games (they were very enjoyable). Sinclair was pone, it was like watching him play for us against Preston all over again.
  • Options
    Whilst I am pleased Palace did get beat eventually they were hadly a million miles away from winning, the penalty would have won it for them, I think they will be a team in the top half next season no doubt, just hopefully below us :-)
  • Options
    They are a team a million miles from playing in the premiership next season though. Not really fussed where Palace finish next year, just want the boys to get promoted.
  • Options
    I actually thought Palace looked quite impressive last night.
    A strong unit with the likes of Clint Hill, they can also pass the ball about and have lots of energy with their young players.
    Thought Scannell looked the pick of the youngsters.
    In many ways the strong team unit, where the same eleven (virtually) play every week, is something I hope we'll be getting used to again next season.