Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cons Club Sunday 25th May

DA9DA9
edited May 2008 in General Charlton
Dont know if Rock Spectacle has posted this but the Cons club on the night of Sunday 25th May is having a live band and replaying the 98 Play off final on the big screen. All Welcome, and its a bank holiday weekend, so you can have a proper beer.

Comments

• Options
    what type of band and are kids allowed?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]what type of band and are kids allowed?

Middle of the road band, kids welcome
  • Options
    fancy that,my brother is a musician,very good makes a good living,does hank williams down to oasis if anyone needs in the future a accompished muscian give me a whisper.thanks da-9
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Woke up this morning and my mama was gone
    OoH Ei Chirpy Chirpy Cheap Cheap
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited May 2008
    LOL....You laugh but I actually book Chicory Tip on a regular basis for somewhere else, "son of my father". all the same cheesy stuff.
    What I meant was they are setting up in the middle of Charlton Church Lane, you set em up son, I'll finish em.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    sounds like a good night out to me.
  • Options
    DA9, went to a do Chicory Tip played at last year, were excellent.

Very funny when everyone on the dancefloor screams 'son of you father' and then mumble 'wibberlywobberlywibberlywobberlydibblydob' as they don't know the words !!
  • Options
    I thought most of Chicory Tip were dead?
  • Options
    Only two of the original band remain.
  • Options
    Apologies for the delay in responding to this, obvious reasons why. We had already planned to show the game in the Cons Club, have a bit of live music and generally celebrate the day, but obviously events of the last week have seen the anniversary take on a whole new meaning. What we therefore plan to do is open our doors from 12.00, have the game on a continuous loop on the screen and also show the League 1 Play Off final, whilst the band will do 3 40 minute sets from 3.00 onwards, so there is no set timescale for anyone. We won't charge for admission on a formal basis but there will of course be a bucket on the door so whatever people want to donate is entirely their choice, along with a raffle and a couple of other bits, with the monies raised being split between Daniel's trust fund and Darren's family.

Despite being extremely diverse characters, Dave and Darren were both 100% Charlton and the sort of people that would do anything for anyone, it would just be so befitting to the pair of them if as many people as possible could turn out, even if only for a quick pint, just to show both families quite how unique Charlton fans are and how the loss of any of us, especially two of the real good guys, affects us yet makes us even more determined to ensure that lost left behind are OK and they are never forgotten. Having seen them both on the 25th May 1998, I know for a fact that it was one of the greatest days of their lives and there could be no more fitting anniversary to celebrate the pair of them and indeed anyone else that was at Wembley that day and has since left us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry, the harbinger of doom that I am at the moment forgot to add that that there is also a benefit taking place for Matthew Webb, a Charlton fan that recently unbelievably died of a heart attack at the age of just 17 recently in The Antigallican on Friday 30th May from 7.30 onwards - tickets £5, all welcome, can pay on the night.
  • Options
    We hope to pop along in the afternoon for a few hours. Are Children okay to come in?
  • Options
    Not sure i can as we are out like Curb it will try and leave early and get there for a few
    With my Traitor kids now Glory hunters
    Except the little one
  • Options
    Kids are fine B
  • Options
    Curb-it bit hard on Tavern there mate ! i know he still has his yoof full looks.
  • Options
    *bump*
  • Options
    how was it