Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stuart Fleetwood

2»

Comments

• Options
    life's a gamble BUT what with Racon, Sinclair, Dickson maybe Pards does gamble too much. It remains to be seen if we recoup our money on Sinclair and Racon, if they go, but I'd be fairly confident we'd get at least 200k for Dickson so all round maybe it's not as much of a gamble as it seems especially as they'd all be on minimal wages. We could get Fleetwood for 100k and immediately sell him to Crewe who offered 175k in January so I don't see him as a gamble too much. Anyway, he's going to be the greatest Charlton striker since Mendonca.
  • Options
    I seem to remeber Murray saying something about "having" another punt re none league players when we was at the Shareholders meeting. He was talking about Dicko and saying he has trebled his value already. I
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]life's a gamble BUT what with Racon, Sinclair, Dickson maybe Pards does gamble too much. It remains to be seen if we recoup our money on Sinclair and Racon, if they go, but I'd be fairly confident we'd get at least 200k for Dickson so all round maybe it's not as much of a gamble as it seems especially as they'd all be on minimal wages. We could get Fleetwood for 100k and immediately sell him to Crewe who offered 175k in January so I don't see him as a gamble too much. Anyway, he's going to be the greatest Charlton striker since Mendonca.

As usual, Charlton fans set realistic expectation levels for a new signing : - )

I think the question isn't "Does Pardew gamble too much?" but "how often have his gambles paid off?" although with some (Racon, Dorian Smith, Dickson, even Sinclair) it is perhaps too early to say.
  • Options
    it's too early to say on all of the above BUT he does have the advantage of both seeing them in training and seeing what their attitude is like which we don't. From what I've seen Sinclair can go, Dickson and Racon to stay. As for Smith I don't even know what he looks like !!
  • Options
    it's too early to say on all of the above BUT he does have the advantage of both seeing them in training and seeing what their attitude is like which we don't. From what I've seen Sinclair can go, Dickson and Racon to stay. As for Smith I don't even know what he looks like !!
  • Options
  • Options
    it's too early to say it three times as well ; - )
  • Options
  • Options
    Do people expect us to get rid of any of our strikers? As i'm struggling to see where Fleetwood fits in when we've got Varney and Gray. Iwelumo as back up. Dickson coming back to fitness, we still have McLeod on the books and also have Uchechi who always seems to do well for the youths/ressies.
  • Options
    I think two of the ones you mentioned Chris could go. One when he gets back from injury and another we could make a profit on...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    who knows, knowing Pards he'll ship out four of 'em and start all over again. Plus perhaps someone will make an offer we can't refuse for one or more of them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Do people expect us to get rid of any of our strikers? As i'm struggling to see where Fleetwood fits in when we've got Varney and Gray. Iwelumo as back up. Dickson coming back to fitness, we still have McLeod on the books and also have Uchechi who always seems to do well for the youths/ressies.

Uchechi is still a kid, McLeod is injured and Dickson may be fit for the new season so that really only leaves three available strikers, Gray, Varney and Big Chris without Fleetwood.

What happens when they are are all fit we shall see.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Do people expect us to get rid of any of our strikers?

In a word, yes.

Who though will depend on two things, how they shape up pre-season and what offers come in. Pardew i think changes his mind on a weekly basis on who he wants to keep and who he wants to offload.

I'll use Varney as an example. From what i can make out, Pards wanted to offload him in the Jan window, then got back in the side and after a couple of decent performances, he wanted to keep him. Then fell out of favour again, would of been one of the ones we would of sold, then really impressed in the last game and on the basis of that, he wants to keep him.

I reckon moving on first will be either Dickson or Iwelumo. Dickson will depend purely on how he performs pre-season, and whether Pardew thinks he has a real chance of featuring as a first-teamer. Iwelumo will depend entirely on whether we get a decent offer for him.
  • Options
    I'd keep Iwelumo. I think he's taken the blame for the long ball tactics when it was hardly his fault that the full backs pumped unwinnable balls to him.

However if we did sell then it would be a quick profit on a player we got on a free.

I guess it depends on who's fit and the sort of player Fleetwood is. Can he lead the line and defend at corners or is he all speed?
  • Options
    What about Todorov...?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]What about Todorov...?

Forgot about him and he's the best of the lot. Shame on me!

Fleetwood and Toddy upfront. Sorted.