Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Saw Neil Warnock waiting for London train at Beckenham Jct tonight

Down to earth guy or Palace too hard up to pay for a taxi? You decide.

Comments

• Options
    By all accounts Neil is loving South London, but one of the things that he is finding annoying, are our traffic wardens, and there stalking of him, (must be a lot of Charlton supporting traffic wardens) so I'd imagine he is now letting the train take the strain,to ease the burden on his pocket.
  • Options
    cant help liking him,wasted at a club like yours,no history and that..shame
  • Options
    nolly how dare you keep coming up with this no history nonsense.

Surely you know Crystal Palace have won the first division championship, and more importantly the ZDS cup. I realise we do not have the illustrious history of Charlton, but not all of us can go back as far as the 50's. ;)
  • Options
    no history,no major trophy,makes you in my book a watford or a wycombe,rember the days of selhurst and being caught in the traffic and my old man saying what a nothing club you are,just my view,naff club.
  • Options
    zds??? fuck me straws and clutching come to mind.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Sorry nolly, maybe the irony was lost on you, I am more than aware that Palace have not won any major honours, and yes the zds isn't one to rank with the Champions League, or the Premiership, so perhaps we are just a naff club.

When did you last see Charlton win a major honour though? as I can't remember too many Premiership titles, or Cup wins, even Millwall have been into europe more than both Palace and Charlton.

Thing is though, if I wanted to support a team who have a history, I could support Man U, Chelsea, or Arsenal, but I'm not a glory hunter, and so will stick to supporting my local side, who have given me more thrills and heartbreak than any of the clubs mentioned.
  • Options
    budge,the name however old is on the greatest cup in the world,history says so,long time granted but its there,you and millwall will never be on it.hope that clears it up,were the biggest club in south east london,not much doubt about that really is there?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Down to earth guy or Palace too hard up to pay for a taxi? You decide.

Christian "Tube Ticket" Gross won his league again this year......
  • Options
    nolly, I can't argue with your facts about the fa cup, I just hope you enjoyed your day out there.

As for the biggest club in south east London, I'd say that at the moment you do probably have it, however the longer you spend in the Championship, the closer it becomes. It wasn't long ago that Palace were clearly number one, this season we have finished above you in the league, Charlton though still have there parachute payments, so should still be able to improve there squad, whilst we will have to do more wheeler dealing.

I know its been discussed on here about your season tickets, and I'd be surprised if you sold as many for next season, however as I said earlier the longer you are out of the Premier you're attendances will suffer. It'll be an interesting summer to see how both squads change, I'd imagine Charlton will spend a lot more money than Palace, but as you have shown in the last couple of years, will it be spent wisely?
  • Options
    No mater where we are, what league we are in,how big,our gates are, WE WILL ALWAYS LOOK DOWN ON PALARSE !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Palace are a joke club, tin pot, not just saying it being an Addick, I have mates who support other clubs and they feel the same way, which pleases me greatly.