Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Valencia deal?

edited August 2006 in General Charlton
Fulham are lining up a shock move for Dutch striker Patrick Kluivert.

The hitman, 30, is out of favour at Valencia and will be allowed to move for a nominal fee.

Do we not have first option, is he worth a punt?

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2006
    I think we'd see less movement from him than we do from Marcus Bent
  • Options
    i must admit i'm suprised.

I would of thought that after the pretty embarassing situation for the club regarding the inter milan link, then we would only realistically got involved with one of these big links if something was already on the table.

i was expecting one or two season-long loan deals with Valencia to of materialised by now. Has the Spanish season started yet ?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite] i was expecting one or two season-long loan deals with Valencia to of materialised by now. Has the Spanish season started yet ?[/quote]

Would have been nice- but i'm not expecting too much

La Liga starts this weekend- i think
  • Options
    We can't have another foreign loan - we've already got (kind of!) Bolanos.
  • Options
    think you can have up to six foreign loans plus 2 from the prem or is it four and two. either way it's more than 1.
  • Options
    Last summer when Deano broke his finger, the club asked for special permission for an extra loanee cos we already had two domestic loans (Spector/Man U & Smertin/Chelsea) and one foreign loan (Sorondo/Inter Milan). The Prem League said "no" so we signed Myhre till Crimbo then extended his contract.
  • Options
    Amazing looking at this thread - How far we have fallen....
  • Options
    From having nominal links with Valencia that never came of anything? We have a nominal link with Liverpool now that will not come of anything either! ;)
  • Options
    What happened with the liverpool deal regarding youth link?
  • Options
    I know its depressing, but I still never ever felt we had actually made it...

With Parker and doing chelsea and allt eh other london teams we were on... but almost as soon as we got there it was gone... with curbs we had security ...

its not good, but we were never an everton...