Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

AFKA

I respect what you say about the rangers fan arrested thread, but dont agree, why have the category of other football and sports if we cant use it to discuss other clubs and topical football issues that some of us are interested in?

Comments

• Options
    i think afka may have thought my comments were inflammatory but i was only having a jest.
  • Options
    well said,da-9 wants to talk about hes great affection for celtic
  • Options
    True

DA
  • Options
    It wasnt u Curb-it we know when we are geting a written head lock !!

Its AFKa`s ball he can run off with it if he wants.
  • Options
    I think we all knew it was a joke B, but nothing is done about Jordan threads, or the Pompey bell ringer thread, surely they should be discussed on their respective boards if we are to follow those guidelines, or get rid of the categorys all together.
  • Options
    No rangers and Celtic threads always rile people up. I think the idea is not to talk about religion/politics when people have differering views and it starts to piss people off.

Jordan is a fun topic.
  • Options
    i must admit, I think there are enough threads running about rangers this week that this one could have continued on another one rather than starting a new one. same as this one!
  • Options
    I thought alot of the thread when you read it was about foote fans and drinking and so forth, not all about Gers or not ?
  • Options
    i was trying to make it less about rangers and more about football in general and how it doesn't matter whose fans they were, what happened was disgusting. it was started out as a baiting thread directed at 3 or 4 people on this board that are pro rangers/anti celtic and was always going to raise a few bites. Anyway, lets talk about something else now.
  • Options
    Those threads had no political lines????

I would be happy to talk about celtic, Hearts, hibs, Motherwell or anyone else if it was topical, and at the moment in football in the UK Ramgers are the main topic until tomorrow and next Wednesday, does this mean we cant talk about Euro 08 when it starts on here, because thats all there will be to talk about other than the latest journeyman plodder we've signed, not that I will.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who is that Suzi?
  • Options
    It is possibly the sheer number of threads that are Rangers related. This is a Charlton site after all.

Jordan/Palace threads are more closely related to CAFC as they are rivals and there is a lot of history between us.

The Pompey thread is the only one related to that club.

Congratulations to Rangers for all their successes but it can seem like the weekly goings on at that club are dominating the board.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]i was trying to make it less about rangers and more about football in general and how it doesn't matter whose fans they were, what happened was disgusting. it was started out as a baiting thread directed at 3 or 4 people on this board that are pro rangers/anti celtic and was always going to raise a few bites. Anyway, lets talk about something else now.

The guy that started it is a rangers fan
  • Options
    i have noticed that the greenfinches in my garden prefer the sunflower seeds to sun flower hearts (please note this is not a referance to the footie team hearts who play in scotland and have a Prody following)
  • Options
    Is Gump a Rangers fan?
  • Options
    More Rangers than Charlton looking at his profile pic!
  • Options
    i wish our next door neighbour would stop feeding pigeons and shitting all over the car... they leave green shit stains which is also the colour shirt of a well known catholic club.

(
  • Options
    I thought Gump said he was a Priest ? maybe its just an old habit he has oiiii oiiiii
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited May 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]i wish our next door neighbour would stop feeding pigeons and shitting all over the car
    Your neighbour is doing what to the car?!
  • Options
    ha ha i can see this sinking or being locked LOL

WATP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yep born and bred there
  • Options
    Now, Now B, baiting again..LOL
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Is Gump a Rangers fan?

Is the Pope a Catholic?
  • Options
    apologies AFKA. just having a laff and not helping the Cause!
  • Options
    I would think there is a chance he is , the Pope i mean.
  • Options
    i used to go to school with somene with the surname pope FACT LOcked on ;-)
  • Options
    Theres the page 3 bird Lauren Pope
  • Options
    Da9, firstly i meant to sink the thread but hit the wrong button. Amended now.

Onto the main point though. Holding my hands up here that this is purely my opinion and that i have not discussed it recently with the others who also make the decisions on here. I just feel that too much Rangers stuff is gradually easing back into here.

We discouraged a long while ago Rangers / Celtic and political debate on here because it was leading to too much stereotyping and disagreements. Bottom line was people couldn't debate it sensibly without getting either personal or offensive. This forum was a better place without it, and a much easier one to administrate.

Of course with them being in the final it was bound to crop up again, no problems with that (even though too much time was wasted by admins having to edit and delete out abusive messages on either side). But its come and gone now and i think its best if we return to the previous unwritten rules.

This is intentioned to be a Charlton site, and even if some find the sentiment a bit yogurt-knitting, one that hopefully brings fans together. Not causes divides over an issue that has nothing to do with the one thing we all have a connection on.

I don't expect everyone to agree, no problems with that, but that's just my own personal opinion on what is the best for this particular site.

AFKA
  • Options
    Here here. I'm Addicks mad, lets keep it Addicks.
  • Options
    No problem with that AFKA, as people have said, you guys put the effort in to keep it running.

Thats my whole point, they are just topical at the moment, next week, no one will care unless a pre season friendly is muted again.
    Delete all abusive stuff by all means, I agree, but remove all non Charlton categorys if you dont want other topcial things discussed on here.

Keep up the good work, it is appreciated and the best Charlton site to date.