Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thoughts On Lita Return, And Will We Sign Sodje

SE7SE7
edited May 2008 in General Charlton
Following Reading's relegation, I would just like to see some thoughts on if u all think Lita will return or not and whether Sodje will sign

Comments

• Options
    No.
    No.
  • Options
    both not needed.
  • Options
    Keep Sodje. I'd like to see a 1st choice partnership of Sodje-Boughera next season. Lita would blow too much of a hole in the budget, other areas first plz.
  • Options
    Reading apparently want £2m for Lita, but could we afford his wages?

Sodje is out of contract for Reading so he's available on a free.
  • Options
    No Lita too expensive
    No for Sodje
  • Options
    Lita's off to Brizzle for £2M if they beat Hull .
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Lita is over-rated and I believe, may be a disruptive influence, judging by stuff I read about what was happening at Reading before we got him on loan - makes Marlon Harewood look like a member of the happy-clappy squad.

Sodje looked good enough to me and a reasonable option although I feel our best pairing is Magic and Paddy. Yes they will make the odd ricket but their distribution is far better than Sodje and Fortune and, if we are to play the ball around more, we need less of the hoof forward or the header anywhere and more of the get it down and play.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Lita is over-rated and I believe, may be a disruptive influence, judging by stuff I read about what was happening at Reading before we got him on loan - makes Marlon Harewood look like a member of the happy-clappy squd.

Sodje looked good enough to me and a reasonable option although I feel our best pairing is Magic and Paddy. Yes they will make the odd ricket but their distribution is far better than Sodje and Fortune and, if we are to play the ball around more, we need less of the hoof forward or the header anywhere and more of the get it down and play.

don't forget Hudson
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]don't forget Hudson

We haven't signed him yet though? I'd rather sign the other bloke - Ben Watson - he looks quality.
  • Options
    haven't we?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]haven't we?

I've not seen anything official
  • Options
    didn't think lita was all that - sodje probably worth it
  • Options
    For a promotion team, I would only think Bhoughera is good enough, although he maybe off to Spain, we need a decent Centre Half to come in, losing Fortune and Paddy being back up, wonder how Monterro is being looked, back up, one for the future or possible starter next season.

I think Lita would score hatfuls of goals in the Championship next season, but I would have thought Reading will only let him go once they have taken stock and seen who is taken from them by the prem. certainly don't think we would be his first or best option. Also, would rather we spent money on players to create chances than adding more strikers.
  • Options
    Sodje is not fit to lace Fortune's boots
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KenTred[/cite]Sodje is not fit to lace Fortune's boots

Back problem?
  • Options
    Sodje seems to be overrated, terrible on the ball, no composure, can't pass. Decent defender but inconsistent as well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KenTred[/cite]Sodje is not fit to lace Fortune's boots

Only because fortune shouldnt be wearing football boots.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Sodje seems to be overrated, terrible on the ball, no composure, can't pass. Decent defender but inconsistent as well.

Not sure how you reconcile your first sentence with the first part of your second?