Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I know its early..

but what odds do you all reckon we will be for the league next season?

I was discussing this with my old man earlier today. All if's and buts at the moment I know with Play-Offs undecieded. Lets say Leeds come up and Hull stay down I can see us being way down the pecking order.

I'd guess around 16/1 - 20/1 With Birmingham,Reading,Q.P.R,Watford, Leeds, Forest, Wolves,Hull and Sheffield(maybe even Palarse) all above us in the betting.

Comments

• Options
    Yes, but if Hull do stay down then they won't get to keep Frazier Campbell because he'll get called back to Man Utd and will play in the Premiership next year as a loanee at a smaller Premiership club. No point in United letting him play in the Champs any longer, they need to see if he can cut it in the Prem.
    Campbell has got 15 goals in 32 games for Hull, that makes him a cert for some sort of Prem role next year if they don't go up.
    Without him they are a nothing team.
  • Options
    12-1 the bookies will look at the squad and the fact we still have another year of parachute payments so 12's is the best you would get
  • Options
    We are 20/1 to win the league on Skybet.

Birmingham are favourites at 6/1
  • Options
    20/1 is a great price.

I think Sheff Utd will do very well next season
  • Options
    It just goes to show what a tough league it will be next season If we were Favourites last year and in my opinion we have a better chance this year having giving one or two of the youngsters a chance to bed in. 20/1 means basically we have as much chance of going up as going down, oh dear.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Yes, but if Hull do stay down then they won't get to keep Frazier Campbell because he'll get called back to Man Utd and will play in the Premiership next year as a loanee at a smaller Premiership club. No point in United letting him play in the Champs any longer, they need to see if he can cut it in the Prem.
    Campbell has got 15 goals in 32 games for Hull, that makes him a cert for some sort of Prem role next year if they don't go up.
    Without him they are a nothing team.[/quote]

yeh sure and thinking about it, they have one or two grandads in thier team Windass,Okotcha,Pedersen,Barmby who cant have much football left in them so yeh,they will probally struggle if they dont go up.
  • Options
    Okocha is retiring and Barmby has not played much this year until the PO's when Brown brought him back in.

Windass can't go for much longer surely and Pedersen has not played much either.

Campbell has been a big part of their success and without him they will find it a struggle because "1 in 2" strikers do not grow on trees (as we found out with Varney, Iwelumo and Gray) so if you have one it gives you a huge advantage because you are guaranteed goals.
  • Options
    Coca Cola Championship 08/09 - Win Outright

Birmingham 6/1 Ipswich 14/1 Norwich 33/1
    Reading 8/1 Charlton 20/1 Southampton 33/1
    Wolves 9/1 Swansea 25/1 Plymouth 50/1
    Derby 9/1 Nottm Forest 25/1 Sheff Weds 50/1
    QPR 9/1 Cardiff 25/1 Coventry 50/1
    Sheff Utd 14/1 Burnley 25/1 Blackpool 100/1
    Crystal Palace 14/1 Preston 33/1 Barnsley 100/1
    Watford 14/1
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    http://odds.bestbetting.com/football/england/coca-cola-championship/winner-08-09

Most of them being above us I'd say fair enough, but Derby? They're a mess!

Sheffield United & Palace look the best odds e/w at the moment I reckon, 14-1, though I think Reading may well win it depending on who they keep/sell.