Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

James Walker

edited May 2008 in General Charlton
Signed for Southend permanently for an undisclosed fee. Good luck to him

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2008
    Has that been confirmed Ross?

Good luck to him if true.
  • Options
    Good luck to the lad, Im glad he got a break after his health scares
  • Options
    Gone to Hereford on loan.
  • Options
    did not make too much of an impression at southend! shame as i saw him against Gills for Yeovil when Dicko also played and Walker looked a decent player at league 1 level, scored a cracker too
  • Options
    I've kept an eye on how he's done, from looking at his appearances and goals record, it seems he just doesn't score enough goals.
  • Options
    Can't remember the ammount of Charlton fans who banged on about how this lad needed to be given a chance. With the initial transfer deal set at 250,000 I thought that was a ridiculously good deal for us; I imagine the subsequent deal after his health scare was nowher near as good.

Anyone who's seen him play will realise that whilst he is good enough for league football, he poses little or no goal threat and isn't enough of a factor to drive teams on and pull play together. I just don't think he'll do well at clubs where it is expected for them to do well and him to score a decent ammount. A club well setup, who are less demanding of strikers is where he could get a good career. At Yeovil he contributed more, and hopefully Hereford will suit him more.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]I've kept an eye on how he's done, from looking at his appearances and goals record, it seems he just doesn't score enough goals.

Maybe we could get him back then!!! :-)

[cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]did not make too much of an impression at southend! shame as i saw him against Gills for Yeovil when Dicko also played and Walker looked a decent player at league 1 level, scored a cracker too

Televised game, which I only watched because of Dickson and walker,after all who would watch alevel 3 game. As I recall both scored, but overall Walker looked the better player, good strike from outside the box. He's had quite a touhgh career considering his health problems and that Curbs released him, although a bit of luck that Dowie then reinstated him.
  • Options
    Leyton Orient have confirmed the departure of striker James Walker, whose short-term contract has expired.

The 23-year-old linked up with Russell Slade's squad in September following a trial and agreed a three-month deal.

That deal was extended for a further month in December, but after only 11 substitute appearances in League One, his time at Brisbane Road has come to an end
  • Options
    Shame he cant seem to hold down a club, just think over 4 years ago people were saying he should be playing for us in the prem.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]Shame he cant seem to hold down a club, just think over 4 years ago people were saying he should be playing for us in the prem.

I think that now is the tme for him to be looking at his options outside of the game, with the number of knock backs he has had I can't see any launch pads for his career, a bit of non league and a nother career call.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]Shame he cant seem to hold down a club, just think over 4 years ago people were saying he should be playing for us in the prem.

I think that now is the tme for him to be looking at his options outside of the game, with the number of knock backs he has had I can't see any launch pads for his career, a bit of non league and a nother career call.

could go play in the conference and still earn himself a decent wage. see that torres at crawley is on £1k a week and i know afc wimbledon players are on decent dough.
  • Options
    He's a good footballer, works hard, tidy control, athletic. Alas, someone (at CAFC?) told him he was a forward but he never had the instinct for goal showed by, say, Charlie Mac, Gordon Watson or Jamie Martin (yes I know he never made it). Surprised he's still so young, he needs someone to convert him to a full-back and he could make an impact. I can think of a League One side with a crap RB he may suit.

Reading the above, it's amazing how I've struggled to name young strikers who've come through our ranks into the league. Defoe seems an age ago.
  • Options
    Should follow Osei Sankofa's lead and drop down to non-league. Just to think Osei came on as a sub at old trafford just under 10 years ago.
  • Options
    I'll never forget the pre-season when he and JFH were joint top scorers! When was that - 2003??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]I'll never forget the pre-season when he and JFH were joint top scorers! When was that - 2003??

JFH 2003?! He only played for us 2006-2007. Can't recall if they were joint top scorers then, you'd think it would've been Benty.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]I'll never forget the pre-season when he and JFH were joint top scorers! When was that - 2003??

JFH 2003?! He only played for us 2006-2007. Can't recall if they were joint top scorers then, you'd think it would've been Benty.

I'm just talking top scorers in pre-season - must've been 2006 then.
  • Options
    i think Saga Lout is right apart from it was pre-season 2006. Benty was out injured most of the pre-season games after cutting his hand making a sandwich. Very poor pre-season as i can recall and season for that matter!
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]i think Saga Lout is right apart from it was pre-season 2006. Benty was out injured most of the pre-season games after cutting his hand making a sandwich. Very poor pre-season as i can recall and season for that matter!

We beat Milwall 4-1, but can't remember another win in a pre season game- losing at Welling (comedy og from Walton), losing at Valencia (no shame there), losing at Hibs and drawing with the mighty New Zealand.

Walker and JFH may have got 2/3 goals each in pre season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]i think Saga Lout is right apart from it was pre-season 2006. Benty was out injured most of the pre-season games after cutting his hand making a sandwich. Very poor pre-season as i can recall and season for that matter!

We beat Milwall 4-1, but can't remember another win in a pre season game- losing at Welling (comedy og from Walton), losing at Valencia (no shame there), losing at Hibs and drawing with the mighty New Zealand.

Walker and JFH may have got 2/3 goals each in pre season.

You're probably right about the less than impressive numbers. I was at the Milwall "friendly" - what a nice bunch of fans they are. I was at Welling too - I was keen!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I went to us vs WC powerhouse New Zealand, Cristian Bolanos played that day and ran the show for us at left wing, wonder where he is now? Deal fell through due to work permit issues.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: harveys gardener[/cite] Surprised he's still so young, he needs someone to convert him to a full-back and he could make an impact. I can think of a League One side with a crap RB he may suit.

He's coming back to us then?