Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Which Long gone brands would you bring back?

2»

Comments

• Options
    in the early-mid 80's there used to be a chewy bar thing which had hard fizzy bits in it. i think they may have been called wham bars.
    also space dust.
  • Options
    Hedge Hog flavoured crisps thay did exist, possibly only a few left down in some estates in Gillingham now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]in the early-mid 80's there used to be a chewy bar thing which had hard fizzy bits in it. i think they may have been called wham bars.
    also space dust.

I was in a restaurant in the City last week (Bonds in Threadneedle Street) - all the usual City lunch fare and then for dessert they had sherry trifle with space dust! It was fantastic.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]20/20

The champagne of the underage drinker[/quote]

Still about carter get a grip!!
  • Options
    They still do Wham bars, and Irn Bru bars, Bruisers....

Hedgehog crisps were nice - an interesting fact is that someone sued them for calling them "hedgehog flavoured", so they found a group of, ahem, travelling folk, who ate hedgehogs, and got them to try out a load of flavouring combinations and choose the right one, then changed them to "hedgehog flavour" crisps.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Quattro - Tropical fruit fizzy drink
    Squirt - Lemon/Grapefruit type fizzy drink
    'Tubes' - By Smiths Crisps - The longer rival to Hula Hoops back in't day.
    The original Boost bar, which was coconut. It came in a red packet
    Logger - Yorkie type bar, with fruit & nut option. Made by Terry's I think, lovely chocolate!
    Slight variation on the theme, but it has to be said. Kinder Eggs with toys you have to make, not fully assembled!
    Original recipe 'Sparkle' ice lollies. With the Cola, Orange & Strawberry flavours made available.
    'Treets' I prefer these to the peanut M'n'M's.
    Sweetcorn Relish flavour Skips, anyone else remember them?
    Roast Beef Monster Munch! - The closest equivalent is Beef flavour Space Raiders

Check out this site for a fun insight into some olde brands:

http://tv.cream.org/

Then click the 'Best Before' link.
    Also other great nostalgia things from TV to Comics, to Radio on there too.
  • Options
    fuse bar

zoom ice lolly when it had an edible licorice stick

nutty bar
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sygonrima[/cite]As a kid I always wanted a BAR SIX but my mum would never buy them.

Last year I was standing on Kings Cross station when I saw a poster for it and I thought great they've brought it back, as soon as I finish filming I'll go and see if I can get one.

Finish filming..... I was on a 1960s set, what a twat.

Oh and Old Jamaca.

Good story, made me laugh out loud.
  • Options
    quatro advert

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-6zC4XbavP8&feature=related
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Hedge Hog flavoured crisps thay did exist, possibly only a few left down in some estates in Gillingham now.

I remember buying a packet of them in a pub in oxford,very nice they were too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Hedge Hog flavoured crisps thay did exist, possibly only a few left down in some estates in Gillingham now.

I remember buying a packet of them in a pub in oxford,very nice they were too

Used to sell them in a boozer in Bedford, opposite the playing field where my works team used to play cricket - nothing better than a pint of Bombardier and a packet of hedghog after gently prodding your first delivery back into a laughing bowlers arms...
  • Options
    Blimey Hedgehog Crisps takes me back , my mum used to do their Public relations & marketing - we always had a houseful of samples & promotional materials !!! And yes they did get travellers to taste them and verify that they tasted like baked hedgehog !!

Other brands to bring back:

Fish & Chips Crisps - the packet looked like a newspaper
    Nutty Bar (looked like a number 2 rolled in nuts.....)
  • Options
    of course you could buy all these at the Wavy Line supermarket
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    At Victor Values ....... with Greenshield stamps. Or was it pink stamps?

Or metal tokens with money value at RACS co-op stores.

Are Luncheon Vouchers still about?
    Used to get them if you worked in London as part of your London Weighting Allowance.
  • Options
    garbage street kid stickers
  • Options
    Tab Clear
  • Options
    Garbage street kids were great based on the cabbage patch kids but for boys proper gross names like pukey lukey

that took me back some years good call Stoke
  • Options
    555 ciggies before they announced there was asbestos in the filter
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]rs oposite eaglesfield school and 2 packets of space raiders pickled onion flavour eat the middle of the roll through a smalish hole in the side and stuff the roll with space raiders fecking lovely only used to cost about 30p for all of it[/quote]

Used to do similar in the bakers outside DGS - a mini loaf hollowed out then stuffed with prawn cocktail crisps and salad cream, then squashed flat so you could stuff it into your face. Did that for old times sake at work about 2 years ago. That half a bottle of salad cream in the desk drawer may still be there...
  • Options
    Wavy Line in East Greenwich close to the Pleasaunce would that be?

Kinder Eggs are alive and well in Lidl and othe almost proper supermarkets....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    pleasaunce is in well hall aint it?
  • Options
    Bovril smiths crisps.
    The jamaica chocolate bar with raisins? that too took some beating.
    Goodards pie and mash (greenwich)
  • Options
    Was surprised to see Omo on the shelfs in the local supermarkets
  • Options
    Jamboree Bags, commonly just known as lucky bags. They had the stalest toffees imaginable and some teeth breaking cashew sweets. Disgusting, but I only wanted the crappy present anyway.

Mint Toffo
    Toffets
    Olde English Spangles

Are any of the above still available?