Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Josh Wright And Harry Arter

Has anyone heard anything regarding these two? At the start of the season they were mentioned as promising, but their names haven't cropped up at all in recent months. Is it that Jonjo Shelvey has stolen their thunder as the hot prospect in midfield?

Does anyone think Arter and Wright will be in contention next season along with Shelvey? Perhaps Pards thinks so and feels he doesn't need to sign a midfielder as urgently as others have suggested...

Just a thought, mind!

Comments

• Options
    Arter had a very serious injury from about the turn of the year and Wright has been out at Barnet without a recall clause

think they are both still being touted as the mutts nuts and will be in consideration next year
  • Options
    Wright was on loan at barnet all season, played well from what i heard, arter stayed mainly in the resseys all season plus a run out in the league cup, Pards did say last season if we didnt go up then Wright Arter Shevley ect would get there chance thjis term, just hopes he sticks to that instead of wasting our money on middle of the road talent ie: andy gray. would be amazing to see a starting XI who are under 25 and local boys. like we used to with Rufus,Newton,Bowyer,Parker, to name but a few.
  • Options
    Never really seen Arter play so can't comment, but get the impression he is slipping down the pecking order and needs a strong pre-season to get himself in the reckoning.

Ditto with Wright, sounds like he did well at Barnet, but i have suspicions that Pardew remains unconvinced.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Wright was on loan at barnet all season, played well from what i heard, arter stayed mainly in the resseys all season plus a run out in the league cup, Pards did say last season if we didnt go up then Wright Arter Shevley ect would get there chance thjis term, just hopes he sticks to that instead of wasting our money on middle of the road talent ie: andy gray. would be amazing to see a starting XI who are under 25 and local boys. like we used to with Rufus,Newton,Bowyer,Parker, to name but a few.[/quote]

Now you mention it, I remember Pardew saying that. Agreed it would be nice if it actually happened, we seem to have a few exciting prospects coming through at the moment (Shelvey and Uchechi to name but two) - a young, locally produced side might hopefully be more enthusiastic than what's been seen for much of this year!
  • Options
    Arter I believe has been out with an achilles, I don't think he had an op -so it's a nasty injury that has a habit of recurring. I've seen him several times, particularly a friendly pre-season vs Hayes where it was literally boys against men and our lads were taking a pasting but he was still demanding the ball and trying to make things happen right to the whistle. Despite losing he was the best player on the park, very reminiscent of his brother-in-law. Wright played in the same match as did Uchechi and neither made much impact although the rest of the side, particualrly defence were very inexperienced.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Never really seen Arter play so can't comment, but get the impression he is slipping down the pecking order and needs a strong pre-season to get himself in the reckoning.

Ditto with Wright, sounds like he did well at Barnet, but i have suspicions that Pardew remains unconvinced.

I think Pardew said that both pl;ayers needed to be knocking at the door towards the end of last season, obviously with one being out on loan and the other injuured its difficult to know how each are bieng viewed by the club, pre season may determine the future
  • Options
    Word was from the sponsors evening that Pards hadnt even said two words to Arter
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]Word was from the sponsors evening that Pards hadnt even said two words to Arter

well at least he hasn't told him to 'f*** off' :-)
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]Word was from the sponsors evening that Pards hadnt even said two words to Arter

Makes you wonder how Harry knew he was playing in the Carling Cup Match though.
  • Options
    good interview with Harry on the OS

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=32435&newstype=n
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck to the lad. What on earth are "Swedish squatting exercises" ?
  • Options
    Josh Wright was named Barnet young player of the year. And some good, insight quotes from him on the OS:

"Before I went to Barnet, Alan Pardew told me he wanted me to go there a boy and come back a man and I think I have," said Wright.

"I've learnt how to win a game, how to kill a game off, when to do the right thing and when not to.

"My aim now is to come back fit and strong and get a good pre-season under my belt and try and push my way into the gaffer's first team. If I get a chance, I'm sure I'll take it."

He added: "I was very pleased for the young lads who got their chance and now I want to follow them. If I'd stayed at Charlton I might have got a chance but I've got nearly 40 games under my belt now with Barnet and that's invaluable, you can't buy that sort of experience."