Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Iain Dowie press conference

After your last two jobs, are you keen to settle down for the long haul here?
The Charlton thing was a difficult scenario. I had great times there, a friend of mine was saying to me the other day that my win percentage while I was there was 33%, I won five out of 15 games. But that can happen, I’ve no axe to grind, I had great times there and I wouldn’t have changed it looking back with hindsight. Coventry, I think I had a 41% win percentage there and Tony Mowbray got a new deal on that earlier in the year.

I’ve always believed in long term and I wanted to be there longer, I never envisaged spending such a short amount of time at both clubs so yes hopefully this will be a sizeable amount longer than it was there.

Comments

• Options
    So that's five great times is it Iain?
  • Options
    dowie and leslie reed,dark days! now the light has shone with super alan pardew
  • Options
    Ha! From those 15 games he is counting THREE wins in the League Cup (one of which was on pens) the cheeky bastard.

He only won 2 league games from 12 (W2 D2 L8 F9 A18) in the league.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    The man's a w***er - end of.

Got found at at Palace, found out at Charlton and found out at Cov. I give him 9 months at QPR - and only then because the first three of those is the summer close season!
  • Options
    wonder what the odds r on him being first manager fired, after grant that is