Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Have any of you........

Ever lost a girlfriend or in some cases boyfrinds (Smudge!!)
to Charlton Athletic?

I was going out with a girl who live in pound park just oppo the Royal Oak in 1988 when I found out that her mum and dad had signed the petition against Charlton going back to the Valley....DUMPED THE NEXT DAY!! And she was quite nice hahahaaha

Anyone else got dumped due to the love of the mighty reds??

Comments

• Options
    well, I was about 16 and the girlfriend didn't want to go to The Valley, Carlisle at home it was, about 1980. Well, a week before her 'mate' had given me her phone number so I thought why not and took her instead. After the game I took her back home and we were across the road from Mottingham station having a bout of tonsil tennis when who should go by in a car with her parents, yes you've guessed it. Not surprisingly I was dumped.
  • Options
    finished with my ex (about 10 years ago) halfway during a season where she had a season ticket next to me....hahaha, she didn't go to many more games after that !
  • Options
    Was seeing a fit girl, went round her house after seeing her for a few months, knew she had a couple of younger brothers, and was sitting there waiting for her as she said her fairwells for the evening when this spotty little sixteen year old walks in with a red and blue stripped top on, barriers were up, and all night she kept asking me if i was alright, call me shallow but the relationship pretty much ended when that 16 year old walked inthe room, there is no fecking way i could have a Palarse sitting around my family table at Christmas
  • Options
    nah
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Was seeing a fit girl, went round her house after seeing her for a few months, knew she had a couple of younger brothers, and was sitting there waiting for her as she said her fairwells for the evening when this spotty little sixteen year old walks in with a red and blue stripped top on, barriers were up, and all night she kept asking me if i was alright, call me shallow but the relationship pretty much ended when that 16 year old walked inthe room, there is no fecking way i could have a Palarse sitting around my family table at Christmas

If she was 'that' nice, I'd have seen that as a challenge to convert her to 'one of us' and get her wandering round her house in your Charlton top....just to wind her brother up.
  • Options
    Went out on a friday night, got with a girl in zens and agreed a date for the sunday night. On the saturday i met another girl down the Moon & Sixpence and stupidly agreed to met her on the sunday night.

Woke up on sunday and didn't have a clue what to do. Made a few calls to try and find out a bit about them, and then discovered the saturday night one played for Millwall Lionesses. Well that made that decision easy
  • Options
    Only time i was dumped was wheni went out with this Black bird

She was not happy when i put the pillow case on my head to go to the KKK meeting

She walked out on me bit over the top i thought?
  • Options
    A few years back I was half seeing this girl who was lovely, really good looking girl great body and she was a bloody good dancer. Anyway things were going quite well until she rings me up one day really excited and tells me she's just got a new job as a cheerleader for Palace! She went on to tell me her whole family were Palace and she was was buzzing etc. Needless to say it had to be nipped in the bud there and then.
  • Options
    Blanked a girl to go to Charlton once and forgot all about it. Next home game at half time there was a request song dedicated to me from her and her mates from Welling it was "Sweet Talking Guy" by The Chifons. If you know the song you can see its abig knock.
  • Options
    Girl I lived with in the early nineties got fed up with me going to see Charlton home and away plus quiet a few reserve games, then getting heavily involved in the Valley Party, so a couple of nights a week spent on that, and then joining the Valley party football team, so a night's training plus Sunday mornings...

One bank holiday monday she just said she was fed up, and was leaving.

What cheesed me off a bit was A) she was always welcome to come along and B) on Saturday and Sunday she would lie in bed until about 3 in the afternoon, so she was asleep half the time I was away.